Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Griffin iTrip - changing form US to international?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM

Senior Lounger

Griffin iTrip - changing form US to international?

Hi,

I just got an itrip from eBay but it came with no instructions. Ive read you can change from US to international which i need to do as im in the UK and this one is stuck on US mode.

How do i change it?

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 AM

Senior Lounger

anyone?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 07:00 AM

Troublemaker

I'm surprised that nobody has answered this question, yet. Quite a few of us own iTrips, I'm sure. Anyway...

1) Download the Euro and Euro Additional zip files.

2) I assume that you don't have the iTrip installer software CD? If not, then unzip the files, create a new playlist in iTunes and name it "iTrip Stations", then dump all of the files (basically just a bunch of mp3s) into the playlist.

3) Connect your iPod, then sync it. The playlist will be copied over and show up in your iPod's playlist menu.

4) Find an empty FM station on your stereo (just static; no music or talking), then turn the iPod on, go to the iTrip playlist, and select the mp3 file that corresponds to the empty FM frequency.

5) Press "Select" (the center button), but don't let it play through! Watch the LED and, when it starts to blink like crazy, press pause. This is important because if you let it play through, it'll automatically jump to the next station file mp3 and screw it all up. If you've caught it in time, the LED will slowly blink three times.

6) Profit! Er, I mean... Your iTrip will now broadcast on that FM station.

If the foregoing made no sense, then you might want to have a look at Griffin's iTrip video tutorial. It's pretty straightforward.

Proud owner of 4 iPod minis:
2G iPod mini (16 GB CF), 2G iPod mini (8 GB CF), 2G iPod mini (6 GB), 2G iPod mini (4 GB)
Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 AM

Senior Lounger

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by LED, I am using an ipod classic with the iTrip that has an LCD screen.

if that makes any difference?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerup347
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by LED, I am using an ipod classic with the iTrip that has an LCD screen.
For some reason, I was under the mistaken impression that you were using the older style of iTrip that had a status LED rather than an LCD readout. In that case, have a look at either of these user manuals from Griffin:

iTrip 2006

iTrip Auto

They represent the two types of iTrip that Griffin now sells.

Proud owner of 4 iPod minis:
2G iPod mini (16 GB CF), 2G iPod mini (8 GB CF), 2G iPod mini (6 GB), 2G iPod mini (4 GB)

Topic: Griffin iTrip - changing form US to international?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.