IEM that fit Shure's SE foam tips

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sactomanwhore

I have a pair of SE210s but was looking to purchase another pair since the plastic sheath around the wires (where wires loop around ear) fell apart and I misplaced my receipt for warranty service. Anyhow, I love the foam tips from the Shure SE line and was wondering if they would fit on other IEMs? If so, which ones. I appreciate your help.
SM

etymotic er6i is one.

And could Shure possibly open up your earphones to check the date and if you're lucky it was manufactured within the past year or so?

sebulr

From my experience with Shure, they have a code on the plug which is a batch number for shures manufacturers. So email them giving the printed code on you phones, and they will probably honour the warentee. They did with mine and sent me a new pair.

drlau9

Ultimate Ears

hi Sactomanwhore,

That is my worst nightmare when it comes to earphones, frayed cables! After experiencing countless problems with my sony ex-71's (went through 8 pairs each costing £24/$USD49) I decided that my next pair must have replaceable cables, Low microphonic wires, as well as in ear design.

My find and recommendations pointed me to Westone, Ultimate Ears and Etymotic. All of which are around £100+ ($USD 200+). After a few more days and hours, I had my heart set on the Super Fi. 5 pro which can be bought for £120 (USD240) inc free shipping. Now I run a pair of Triple Fi 3's (after selling my super fi 5's).

One thing to note is that Ultimate Ear has replaceable cables through it's range apart from the Metro fi model. It seems that the Ultimate ear super fi 3's are around the se210's price bracket, if you don't mind a bit of a diy job you could always mod your shure (olive) foamies to fit the UE like what all these people have done here;
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/awesome-mod-use-shure-black-olive-foamies-ultimate-ears-super-fi-triple-fi-232939/index9.html

Hope this helps,

Derek.