NaviPlay latest firmware

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
Does anyone have the latest firmware for the NaviPlay? I picked one up cheap from Amazon, and wanted to make sure I had the latest software on it, but the Ten Technology site is gone, out-of-business, I believe. Hopefully it came with the latest firmware, but just in case, I'm wondering if anyone has a copy.

Related question: Any way to check and see which firmware version is currently installed?

Anyhow, assuming I can get working, which I won't know until my bluetooth headphones show up next week, it seems like a pretty good deal. They're going for around $18. It's just the base unit that attaches to the iPod, not the one with the remote or the one with the headphones, but if I can listen to my iPod and get phone calls and not be tangled up in wires, it'll be well worth it.

Taylorlounge

Not Working

Dude,
Just got that same deal on Amazon. Got the Naviplay. And today got motorola s9 bluetooth headphones. They are not syncing up. Tried to check the website only to find it's gone. Not cool. Anybody out there in ilounge help us?:mad:

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
I never did get the latest firmware, but then I could never tell for certain that I don't have the latest firmware. For me the thing is working fine, though. I can't seem to get it to pair with my cell phone, but my cell phone doesn't support A2DP, so that may be the problem. However, it pairs just fine with my headphones (Kyocera Bluetooth Stereo Headset), and my phone pairs with my headphones, too, so the phone still breaks in when I have a call, it just doesn't pause the music, so when the call ends I have to rewind a bit if I was listening to a podcast.

One thing that I did have an issue with is that getting the NaviPlay into pairing mode was not as straight forward as I thought, mainly because the instructions say that it blinks quickly between amber and green when it's in pairing mode, but it also blinks amber and green when it's in normal mode. You have to make sure you hold the button down long enough to get into pairing mode. The blinks are much faster than they are in the normal mode, so make sure you're holding the button down long enough to get into pairing mode. I thought I was at first, but I was not.

Also I've read that you need to make sure the only bluetooth devices in the area that are on are the ones you want to pair. I hope that helps, and I'll post back here if I ever find a firmware update.

Jimbeau

Tnx Mr. E!!

I searched all over for firmware upgrade for my new naviplay, but could not find any. Without being able to pair, obviously my $15 purchase is still a waste of money. I was thinking I should have bought the Jabra unit to match my headset. It seemed that I went into pair mode perfectly because I got the solid red after attempting to pair-which led me to believe it was trying to pair. However, after reading Mr. E's advice to hold the button down longer, I saw it started blinking faster. Sure enough, after a few seconds I saw "pairing success". On first try the unit only works basically in the small room I am in, but that beats wires.

Taylorlounge

So I actually went out and bought another bluetooth ipod adapter and tried to pair it with the motorola headset. After a couple of tries of not working, I tried both the Naviplay and the new bluetooth adaptor to pair and FINALLY the Naviplay started working. i guess it needed some competition. I do however get horrible skipping when I run with the pair. It's ok when stationary and it is possible the battery might have been a bit low when I ran outside but man was it annoying.

bsoplinger

Just thought I'd do a bump here, having gotten a naviplay and just realized they've been out of business for a year!

That said, the unit is amazingly well made and designed, shame the company disappeared. I too would like to make sure I have the latest firmware.

Is there a good forum to look in for recommendations for Bluetooth headphones?

ejmjensen

NAVIPLAY firmware

I just want to say loudly, you don't need firmware update! After reading the fineprint in this finethread I tried one last time to enter pairing mode by holding button down until something different happened:

The thing blinks slowly green for a second then slow green/amber for a few seconds, then very rapid green/amber. Voila! It paired with all my headphones!

THANKS Mr. E from another E

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
I'm glad it's been helpful. Now I have a question y'all: Does the NaviPlay work with an iPod Touch? I fried my bluetooth headphones the other day, and I got a Touch. I'd love to get the Touch working with some bluetooth headphones, especially because it would give me some tactile control of my music, which my touch currently lacks, but I'm not sure if I need to just get a replacement set of headphones or if I also need to get a newer Bluetooth transmitter.