JBL Reference 600 Wireless Headphones- Problems

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

APL

I have just bought the JBL's Reference Series 610 Bluetooth Headphones. It came with a small Bluetooth transmitter for the iPod, very much like an FM transmitter. The radio link is OK within 15-20 feet of range. However, when the link is broken, it takes a few seconds to re-establish. I am not happy with this, since other products can auto link in less than a second. My biggest concern is this $199 headphone has poor audio performance. There is air leakage at the bottom of both ear cups. This results in significant loss of sound pressure, low bass resonance, and clarity. I am very disappointed by the design. After all, sound quality is the primary thing. I mean, I paid $199 so I am supposed to get the sound quality at least better than a $39.95 Sennheiser wired headphones, right?

captainnewbie

who advised you to buy them? i'm afraid wired beats wireless every time, and blue tooth technology is (supposed to be ) even worse. It's a nice marketing gimmick....bluetooth, but as you've found out, is it worth it.

steph212

Question...

I ride the bus to and from work every day and want to buy these headphones for the ride. (wires are easily in the way when in gets crowded) Do you know if other radio frequencies and bluetooth signals in a city setting will cause any interference for me?
should I buy these headphones for $65 on amazon? (I just won't be able to return them)

I really want the white ones, but I swear they don't actually exist, because I haven't found them yet.

I have heard some bad reviews about the connectivity, and some great reviews. None about cities specifically I guess

Thanks

mrpellgard

Bluetooth wireless headphones are also using radio frequencies but it's more complicated. In the city it must be easier to get interference from other devices because it's more open:). I am using JB200i (Bluetooth) from Jaybird for my ipod, they sound good and they are comfortable. I would not buy the JBL after reading the first post!.