Neo Car Audio iPod Adapter - Does anyone use this?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ipodinhtown

I have a 2004 Honda Accord and I am interested in having a direct line into the car's stereo. In the little research that I have done, I've read that Neo Car Audio sales a car adapter kit that connects the iPod to the car stereo. I've read both positive and negative reviews for this product, so I'm looking for some comments from people who have used the Neo Car Audio iPod adapter.

Can anyone comment about the quality of this product? (Sound quality, durability, etc).

Does anyone have another company that you would suggest I look into as an alternative to Neo Car Audio?

Thanks for your help.

Here's the link to Neo's website:
www.neocaraudio.com

wytwolf

I have something similar hooked up to my mazda3 (audiolink). It gives incredible sound. I've heard from the mazda3 forums that the neo is great also. I have mine running in from the back of the headunit through the inside of the dash and out the back of the glove box. I have a removable panel (mazda sirius option goes in the back of the glovebox) so i use the controls on my stereo or steering wheel. People don't even know i have an ipod hooked up.

cjshaker

Avoid Neo Car Audio - poor customer service

On April 14, 2009, I ordered two iPod interfaces from Neo Car Audio. I ordered a PODVOLSCV2 for my Volvo, and I ordered a PODCHR310-iAUX for my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Two separate orders.

The Volvo interface came in great shape, with the new iPod cable that works with my iPhone, as their website claimed. It also works fine.

However, the interface for my Jeep came with old product, which included an invoice for another person, Robert Gonzales. The interface also had the OLD iPod cable, which will not charge my iPhone 3G. Their website claimed
that all product shipped would come with the new cable, which is what I needed.

I called Neo Car Audio, explained what had happened. They said that someone had accidentally sent me a repaired unit, and they gave me an RMA# to return it. I returned the device with the RMA# on the outside of the box, and on a sheet on the inside of the box. I never heard back from Neo Car Audio.

When I next contacted Neo Car Audio, they claimed that they never got my RMA. I shipped it insured, with the US Post Office. The US Post Office shows that it was delivered to Neo Car Audio on April 20, 2009. I sent a scan of the letter from the US Post Office showing this to Neo Car Audio. So far, Neo Car Audio has not bothered to respond.

I advise avoiding this company.

Chris Shaker

I have a 2004 Honda Accord and I am interested in having a direct line into the car's stereo. In the little research that I have done, I've read that Neo Car Audio sales a car adapter kit that connects the iPod to the car stereo. I've read both positive and negative reviews for this product, so I'm looking for some comments from people who have used the Neo Car Audio iPod adapter.

Can anyone comment about the quality of this product? (Sound quality, durability, etc).

Does anyone have another company that you would suggest I look into as an alternative to Neo Car Audio?

Thanks for your help.

Here's the link to Neo's website:
www.neocaraudio.com

start2finish

Neo car audio is a scam

Save yourself the trouble from dealing with the crooks at Neo Car Audio :: The leader in OEM integration.

they are selling a "state of the art" just released item. "Perfect for the iphone5" interface. This is a "Neo Gateway" as they call it. Save yourself the time and money and buy an iSimple Connect for your vehicle. I ordered the neo because they told me how much better it was than anything else on the market and specifically that it was better than the "iSimple Connect" When my package arrived I opened it to find they had sent me an "iSimple" I paid an extra $100 to get a better interface. At first I thought it was a mistake and requested a refund for the difference between the neo and the isimple. They refused and told me that the sent the 'iSimple" on purpose because it is the same thing as a neo. False Advertising, misrepresentation of product, fraud and general terrible business practice. They ARE willing to accept a return on the item, and told me to feel free to buy the iSimple anywhere I wanted to. Terrible, terrible. I wanted to post and hopefully someone else will read this and not make the same mistake as I did. I am sending the unit back to them based solely on principle, and will purchase the iSimple from a local "brick and mortar" store at a savings of $100.00. Less the return shipping that I have to eat.

This should be in addition to the other person in this thread that got taken for a ride. I wish I had read that first. I used paypal, so hopefully I will be protected with proof of delivery.

Good luck to all, and I hope this helps at least one person.

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Wow that is bad switch and bait , what did you order ? and what they send you ?
I seen this from other people and took some pictures , that try to purchase a Usa spec part and they sold them a better neo interface $60.00 extra an they receive a Usa spec part with a neo sticker on top

dshipley

Not Following e-commerce Ethics

I'll try to keep this objective. This company does not follow ethical rules of e-commerce. The primary violation is being completely forthcoming about what is being purchased. Indications of this are picturing a product, and delivering something different (which they will claim is comparable, and they repackage, but don't always deliver - this is complete gargage, of course). They advertise as a complete package with ease of installation, but that actually only refers to the connectivity cable. Otherwise, they are simply reselling other products . . . products you can get much cheaper buying directly, and those are generally packaged with all the connectivity you need from the primary vendor . . . however, ease of install may be in subjective.

I personally got delivered a Grom device. Nothing wrong with that device, but not what I preferred to purchase. If I would have known that's what I would receive, I would have put my own kit together and saved a lot of money. In the end, this cost me a lot. I compained that was not what I ordered, and Neo Car Audio argued with me. I had to pay to ship back. This is another ethical e-commerce violation . . . they were clearly in the wrong and should have covered the shipping cost . . . accept the fault and go on.

In summary, if Neo Car Audio was transparent on the front end as a reseller of products with value add, and that was clear during the purchase process, no problem. I was looking to avoid the hassle of putting a package together and might have been receptive to the extra cost. Instead, they go the bait and switch route. Pathetic bottom-feeders.

By the way, I went with the USA-SPEC solution for my Infiniti. Very elegant solution connecting through the salellite connection. Reasonable price, and everything you need to get streaming.