Griffin TuneFlex owners: iPod classic in clear plastic case, will it work?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nitewing911

I've purchased an iPod classic and have it inside an Agent18 videoshield. I'm looking all over for a gooseneck car mount and I'm wondering if the Griffin TuneFlex might work for me. I've learned that the clear plastic support can be removed, and I'm wondering if with the plastic support removed, my iPod can be held in place with the videoshield. There's supposed to be a knob in the back to adjust the depth on the stand, so with the knob set at the deepest setting, would it accommodate an iPod inside a case? And if so, just how secure is the dock connection? Is the plastic support necessary? Any help is appreciated.

paul82

I can't help you, but I have a similar question.

Will Griffin's Tune FLex AUX work with 3rd Generation Nanos / iPod Classic?

I found it surprising that Griffin lists their older 9555 release to be compatible with 3rd Generation Nanos / Ipod Classic, which only comes with a Cassette adapter as opposed to an AUX cable.

There is a possibility that it won't play music and only charges the newer iPod hence the cassette adapter. I was reading somewhere that there are some problems with the new iPods connector interface.

Does someone know?

Nitewing911

I found one at my local Best Buy and decided to try it out. If you have an iPod in any type of case, clear or otherwise, it will not fit in the TuneFlex cradle. The cradle requires the use of a clear plastic support, and although the support is removable, the iPod will not sit stably without it. Aside from that, the gooseneck is not very malleable; I had difficulty twisting the cradle to a suitable position. Additionally, at least with my cigarette lighter, the whole setup wasn't very stable. I ended up returning it that same day.

I've pre-ordered Alpine's new eX-10 dash-top iPod control system. It's very similar to Harmon Kardon's Drive + Play series of systems, though at half the price of the Drive + Play 2 and with Bluetooth functionality. There's another thread I've already started on that, and when I get it, I'll be putting up a review.