Technics SB-A51 Floorstanding Loudspeakers - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Technics SB-A51 Floorstanding Loudspeakers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Senior Lounger

Technics SB-A51 Floorstanding Loudspeakers

I picked up a pair of these along with the matching surrounds, SB-S25, for $35 at a yard sale this past weekend. I searched on the internet for more information about them and can't find much. They are amazing speakers! The best I've ever heard, and they look superb! I can't believe there isn't anything else on the internet about them. Does anybody own a pair of these, or know anything else about them? I would love to know more about them, such as when they were made, if I can buy any more, what people think of them, how much they retail for, etc. They are far and above the $35 I paid for them.

The rears are also just as amazing as the fronts, and look great hanging from my wall. The build quality is extremely good, up there with the best speakers. These should last me a long time. The wire connections are great .. the monster cable wire goes INTO the connection, not just the wire itself but the rubber surrounding the wire, so you know you have a perfect connection every time.

Please, if anybody has any information about these, I would love to hear from you.

SB-A51:
- 3 way, 3 speakers.
- 12" Woofer, 3" Midrange and 2" Tweeter.
- 8ohm impedance
- 200w input
- 92db/W sound pressure
- 30Hz-22kHz frequency range
- 38lbs a piece

SB-S25:
- 2 way, 2 speakers.
- 8ohm impedance

i am legend
Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Senior Lounger

Come on MODS nobody's gonna see this here ... >_<

i am legend
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

do they look anything like this? they were made in about 1989 or 1990
THEY SOUND GREAT !!!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:00 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Hell Yes!

I got a set of twins too! Best ones I've ever had. .better than the surround sound w subwoofer setups everyone else seems to have.. hit mine at a thrift fir 24.99 for years ago..some dude there was ####ed cuz i snagged em first.
Currently on a Sony reciever. Sony is durable takes the abuse. But needs a separate EQ/amp to be worthy sound quality.. hot a cheap older fisher EQ.
they sound great on a JVC.no eq needed..
Denon reciever doesnt do them justice. Maybe its cyz uts newer and hard for me to figure out the set up..
I shorted out my older onyko....but thats the best recievers ive ever heard.. always puts out great dound no need to ever adjust a thing
. Il ask santa for tge latest model n im good girl do ill get one.
They are awesome on thier own..sometimes i run 4 or 6 speakers..but always go back to the twins..
one took a tumble onto its face when a smaller thumping awia fell bavk sending the whole stack down. Blasting the Melvins 'Revolve'..so had to fix case. Took apart and re glued and reinforced. No damage to speakers. Amazing cuz it happened twice!
Currently have one tower needs the midrage speaker replaced. Unsure why i removed it but something was amiss. Ill pull one similar from another unit..i think a solder came loose thats why its off. Then lost the speaker . Just need time to fix...
yeah you got some kick ### tuff speakers in these....
mine are getting ready to leave this ####hole phoenix, az to go be in wisconsin..where my newest set of twins are...JBL 's of same size and power. Cant wait to see which set will shake the plaster off walls first. The JBLs csme from my chiropractor.. thats good medicine!
Blows BOSE home speakees away!

Enjoy! Sammy
Attached Thumbnails
Technics SB-A51 Floorstanding Loudspeakers-20150714_225419.jpg  
Old 07-15-2015, 02:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

Surrrounds? You say you got matching Sorrounds? Do post a pic of em . How are they? ...

Topic: Technics SB-A51 Floorstanding Loudspeakers

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.