I want to play my ipod thru my outdoor speakers

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

borlandi

I'm looking for a solution to play my ipod through my 100W Bose outdoor speakers...Is there anything out there other than using a receiver? My current Home Theater setup doesn't have room for additional speakers and/or a speaker switch, I'm not ready to upgrade yet and I'd rather not drop $200 on an additional receiver just for the outdoor speakers. Thanks in advance

bubsdaddy

I did this. I bought a cheap receiver from Ebay to leave outside on the covered porch. It drives 3 pairs of speakers and provides sound throughout. I have a cable for the ipod and a 50 disc changer also bought on Ebay.

Rick76

Not sure which kind of receiver you are running, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 but assuming the worst case scenario (5.1), you can just buy a speaker splitter. Don't "cheap out" though if you are wanting to run Bose speakers. Buy something mid-to-high end because you will notice a difference.

Then, take a 3-foot piece of speaker wire the same guage you are currently using on your HT speakers. Now, disconnect your left and right surround speakers and connect them to the 'A' speaker terminal on the splitter. Connect your Bose speakers to the 'B' speaker terminal. Now, connect the splitter to the receiver using the 3-foot piece of speaker wire and voila!

When you you want to use your HT, select speakers 'A'. When you want to rock out on the deck, select speakers 'B'. And, if you really want to, you can have both sets on at the same time but you will only be getting 1/2 power to each set.

borlandi

I've got 5.1, that's the solution I was looking for! Thanks!
I was looking to get the Monster Cable Multi-Speaker Selector (SS4)
what do you think?