Etymotic ER6i, Etymotic ER4P Comparison

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sonikninja

I bought my ER6i's for their isolation characteristics and clean sound, has anyone on this forum have any experience with these earphones and the ER4P's as well? I'm looking into purchasing the ER4P's and was curious as to whether the improvement was significant.

otaku

I just upgraded from the ER6 (not 6i) to the ER4p.
The 4p's sound quite a bit better than the 6's; there is a lot of subtle details in the music (esp. the very high frequencies) that I did not hear in the 6's. The bass might be better; I'm not sure.

But due to their shape and heavy cord, the 4's are less convenient than the 6's, and have a lot more microphonic effects.

BTW, I had a lot of ER6 eartips left over when I sold the 6's, and I found that with a little bit of persuasion they will fit the 4's.

O

Trager

It's hard to credit calling the Super.fi 'better' than the ER-4P, particularly for someone who bought ER-6i phones for "isolation and clean sound". The Super.fi isn't nearly as balanced as the ER-4P, and the isolation isn't comparable at all.

OP: Yes, the ER-4P are significantly better... deeper and better bass, better balance between mids and highs, and finer detail overall. Especially with Amazon's 165$ price, I'd definitely recommend the upgrade if you've been happy with your ER-6i phones.

sonikninja

I only wanted to know from fans of Etymotic who own both ear phones. I already own Ultimate Ear Super.fi Pro 5's and I like them a lot. I have since then received my ER4P's and have been extremely satisfied with them. It's totally a personal preference, sometimes I want to hear the music, sometimes I want to feel it, I won't part with either phone.