I need some good recommendations.....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

riffjaff

Well, I am now headphoneless since both my Creative EP-630's and Sony Fontopia EX-51's broke. I need a good pair to replace them that will last me until the end of the year until I am settled down in college.

My price range is right around $40. I really can't go higher than this by much, including shipping and handling.

I am looking for a pair of headphones with the following aspects....(Ranked from most important to least important.)

1. Sound quality....obviously
2. Price....
3. Durability.....I need a pair that can handle a decent amount of beating. I don't baby my headphones, but I don't also throw them around carelessly.
4. Isolation....Something that can isolate as well as the Sony's but anything better would be nice too. I just like the idea that people outside can't hear me and I can't hear them.

I will be using these earphones in a relatively quiet place. Mostly in my home or around school. I won't really need them for loud settings like a train or anything.

My choice of music is mostly electronica with a little hip hop and rock. I hope this is enough for you to make a quality recommendation for me. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Buktu

Well, i'd recommend the Sennheiser CX300 (since they're really the only ones i can comment on;P) but i think they're just a bit more expensive than what you're willing to pay..

They'd be great for the genres you listen to though, since they're supposed to be a bit bass oriented.

riffjaff

I've heard that the CX300's are pretty much the same as the Creative's that I had. Would you happen to know if this is true or not?

Signal to Noise

As long as you keep in your price range I'm afraid you'll be experiencing breaking earphones quite often. Especially since how you describe that your headphones need to take some 'beating'. Sounds like you're just throwing money away with each set of headphones you buy. Save up some money and by good quality & durable ones.

BMW4L1F3

BOSE Tri-port IE

they are $99 and they are AMAZING!!!! they are comfortable, and they don't fall out like other in-ear designs. they sound like studio headphones, without the big foam speakers over your ears. I strongly recommend them.

mizzle

yeah forty bucks isnt the same as ninety nine...for your price range i have heard the vmoda's bass recommended so check those out