N-Ipod-Home Dock? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: N-Ipod-Home Dock?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 AM

Senior Lounger

N-Ipod-Home Dock?

Has anyone seen or have any experience with the N-Ipod-Home Dock? It looks a lot like the DLO Home Dock Deluxe, but just slightly different. Seems like a cheap alternative.
Click the image to open in full size.
Ebay lnik

Looks like Apogee something brand.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

check out autosound2000.com. Some guy named Dave Navone designed and built this device. He appearently has done alot of car systems to connect the IPod to after market and car manufacturers radios.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

It does display the IPod menus from the description on Daved Navones web site. I am not sure if the remote is RF or IR. I am guessing IR. He is selling for $49.95.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:34 PM

Pro Lounger

hey this Dave guy seems like the type of guy that could build that, all elusive, much wanted, extender that would let us plug an ipod in a case into a dock, by extending the bottom connector, or by extending the base male connector. Maybe we should e-mail him that request.. if he gets some emails from a bunch of interersted people, he will realize the potential for this, not sold anywhere, item.

mike
Old 11-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

He says it will work in the dock with a case on. Remote is IR. Warranty is for 30 days and there a 25% restock fee is returned.

Tim
Old 11-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Pro Lounger

trust me it wont. i have the Speck Products Toughskin case http://www.speckproducts.com/vid-toughskin.html
and that will not fit in any dock that i've found. But i am not interested in purchasing his dock.. i am more interested in a dock extender that will allow me to use a dock of my choosing.

Topic: N-Ipod-Home Dock?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.