ipod polo shirt - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod polo shirt

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile ipod polo shirt

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am not sure if posting this is acceptable or not.. but I am experimenting with making polo shirts that control your ipod. The link to check it out atm is on http://www.infernova.com/mod/rugby-collar.html

I would appreciate any comments or suggestion to make the shirt better.

Thanks
Suomaf
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 PM

Veteran Lounger

Good idea. Is there like a pocket or something that the iPod goes in? Because if you still have the iPod out then you wouldn't need the controls for it. Also, I would try to make the controls more subtle. Where they are right now just glares out "Look at me!" Also, I would drop the red color off of the play/pause button.

Are these actually working or are they just prototypes?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you very much for you comments, at the moment, it is a working prototype. The buttons do work. They are supplied by the wonderful people that did the buttons for Levis Red Wire program. The position of the buttons can be put anywhere on the garment itself, and the buttons can be customized, and thus it could be in any color whatsoever. You did brought on a good point on where the ipod will go in. I always knew that there had to be somewhere where the ipod will rest on the garment.

Initially i thought that i could make one of the retro cigarette pouches on the sleeves, but when i tested it, i found that it was fine with nano, but a video ipod would be too heavy.

Any suggestions on where the ipod can rest on the garment. Also any suggestions on what other types of garments would be nice for this kind of idea.

Last edited by suomaf; 11-10-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:03 PM

Power Lounger

surprisingly, i like that shirt.

in my opinion, the iPod is too heavy to have hanging from anything.

if it were mine, i'd rather have the buttons on the bottom of the shirt, off to a side...somewhere near where the hands rest naturally. assuming the shirt isn't longer than normal.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

Initially i wanted the ipod to be on the left or right sleeve, but its too heavy and will make the shirt look lopsided. I agree that the buttons should be somewhere else, it was just basically vanity that made me put the buttons on the placket of the shirt.

Buttons on the bottom is a good idea. Do you think having a collection that consists of shirts, pants, jackets and such at a more reasonable pricing would be attractive to ipod lovers?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:52 AM

Senior Lounger

hmm very good idea but i don't know if you could make the cable long enough so that the ipod video can go into your pocket then you would have no need to make a pocket on the shirt, and i agree with the red button it shows too much, also how would it be possible to use the buttons if you have a coat over the polo shirt and the coat is zipped up? and what about designing a woman's shirt aswell? and another problem with the shirt, what if other peices of clothing touches the buttons especially the volume ones that would be unconfortable.

my last FM

iPod classic 6G 80GB Black
iSkin Evo3 Blue with Sennheiser CX300 headphones
28.09 GB of music.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks Huyi for the comments the cables can be very long and go on your belt or jeans pocket. I will be thinking about changing the buttons.. I made another sample and its a hoodie.. http://www.infernova.com/mod/othersample.html comments please

Topic: ipod polo shirt

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.