Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Westone UM2 vs Etymotic ER-4P

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 AM

Junior Lounger

Westone UM2 vs Etymotic ER-4P

Hello everyone!

My birthday is coming up soon, and I've asked a very close friend of mine to buy be a pair of 200-300 earphones. Looking around, I think these two are my final choices. I listened to the UEs at Best Buy, don't like em. Any other headphone suggestions would be more than welcome. I currently have (IEMs) Sony EX-90, and Shure e2c, if that helps. Comfort is a major plus. Form factor isn't really necessary, but would be nice. Durability is a big plus. But sound quality is first and foremost. I think the new Etymotics have a braided cord, which reduces the microphonics effect.

Thanks in advance!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:02 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One
Hello everyone!

My birthday is coming up soon, and I've asked a very close friend of mine to buy be a pair of 200-300 earphones. Looking around, I think these two are my final choices. I listened to the UEs at Best Buy, don't like em. Any other headphone suggestions would be more than welcome. I currently have (IEMs) Sony EX-90, and Shure e2c, if that helps. Comfort is a major plus. Form factor isn't really necessary, but would be nice. Durability is a big plus. But sound quality is first and foremost. I think the new Etymotics have a braided cord, which reduces the microphonics effect.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my english but i'm french .I asked myself same questions.My 2 favorites choices are the same.
Here's a big test.It's in french but there 're a lot of pictures:http://www.generationmp3.com/forum/C...5C-t37093.html

Nicolas and wildsurfer got the same conclusion:Westone UM2 are better.Even Better than E5C(too more Bass and less comfort).
ER4P are excellents but not enough on some king of music like Rock, Hip Hop....Also UM2 precision is better and they are Easier to put in the ears.

Sorry for my english.I hope i helped u to make a choice.Personnaly, i 'll buy UM2.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM

The UM2 and the Etymotic er4p are very different. The UM2 are far more bass with forward mids and slightly rolled off highs. The Ety er4p are bass shy. Lost of detail but the cord is horrible. Lots of microphonics even with the braided cable. The UM2 cable is by far the best cable on any IEM I've tried. The UM2 is also one of the most comfortable IEM i've tried too. The only one being more comfortable is the UM1 due to a smaller shape. Over all you'd probably like the UM2

Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks, to both of you. I'll take the UM2 without hesitation.

Topic: Westone UM2 vs Etymotic ER-4P

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.