safe to use this with ipod? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: safe to use this with ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-22-2006, 05:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question safe to use this with ipod?

Hey all, I've got a 5th Gen 30GB iPod Video with a Limited Special Edition iSkin eVo3, and I wanted to mount it on my 02 Acura TL-S.

I didnt like any of these aftermarket adapters, cause they're too bulky and dont look good.

I wanted something sleek, and something that wouldnt block the port on the bottom of the iPod, so I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnetic-Cell-Ph...QQcmdZViewItem

now since its a magnet, will this have any effects on the iPod's hard drive or any other capabilites?

If so, is there anything else that you could recommend me that is VERY similar to the above item, but is not a magnet?

Thanks,
Gamezilla
Old 10-22-2006, 11:06 PM

Reclined Lounger

i wouldnt risk it, i dont know how sensitive the G5 iPods are to magnets... i wish i could be more help.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 PM

Message me for Audiobook

the magnet will not be that strong it would be fine as a guess.

- GoldCoaster
Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

actually, the magent is kinda strong, cause my cousin has one for his treo phone, and it holds it quite well.

I really dont wanna risk breaking my ipod, but I also dont wanna go with any other option cause they are all bulky.

Now since im using an iSkin, isnt that enough ofa shield to protect the ipod from the magnet?

anyways, i'd really appreciate it if somebody who is knowledgable with this could help me out.

Topic: safe to use this with ipod?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.