Reccomendations for volume-control headphones? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Reccomendations for volume-control headphones?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Junior Lounger

Reccomendations for volume-control headphones?

Can anbody reccomend a quality set of clear sounding, reasonably priced headphones that have a nice ability to adjust the volume level in small increments at a time?

The volume limiter and adjustment features within Ipod/Itunes do not have enough of an adjustment range to fit my needs. My hearing is really sensitive, and I work in an enviornment that is as quiet as a library.

I love good, crisp, clean sound--just not turning it up to 11.

'The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be un-natural."
Old 10-15-2006, 02:03 AM

So why not go for a IEM or a closed headphone?
Second what is your budget?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:40 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macromedia
So why not go for a IEM or a closed headphone?
Second what is your budget?

Well, I got the impression that IEM was used for singers to better hear/sing on stage. Closed headphones still would not solve the limiting the volume issue. The idea is to get the volume lower than what the ipod's volume control allows when using it exclusively (hence the request for volume adjustment headphones)

As far as budget goes, I really don't want to spend more than 100 US, but could go higher if no lower-priced quality set was available.

'The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be un-natural."
Old 10-15-2006, 09:19 AM

Überlounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthipod
Can anbody reccomend a quality set of clear sounding, reasonably priced headphones that have a nice ability to adjust the volume level in small increments at a time?

As far as budget goes, I really don't want to spend more than 100 US, but could go higher if no lower-priced quality set was available.
The Altec Lansing iM716, which has a volume control, had previously been available for as little as $63, but is now a bit over $100. The Koss KSC75 sold at RadioShack also has a volume control. In addition, the Shure Attachable Volume Control should serve your purpose.

nano 4GB -> SiK ram din -> XIN SuperDual -> ATH-ES7 | Altec Lansing iM716
PowerBook G4 -> ATH-W11JPN | LG VX8500 -> Motorola S705 -> ATH-EM9R

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shixun
The Altec Lansing iM716, which has a volume control, had previously been available for as little as $63, but is now a bit over $100. The Koss KSC75 sold at RadioShack also has a volume control. In addition, the Shure Attachable Volume Control should serve your purpose.
Thank you so much for your reccomendations. I will do some research into these particular models, and hopefully this will solve the problem.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:31 PM

Pro Lounger

hmmm i wonder if it works for other headfones...

Topic: Reccomendations for volume-control headphones?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.