Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Best way to insert new Apple earbuds

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Best way to insert new Apple earbuds

So I just got a brand new 80G 5.5 iPod to replace my aging 3G iPod today, and so far it's just great. I was interested in seeing how well the new earbuds performed as I've always used different headphones with my iPod (Sony MDR-EX71SL and Koss Portapro).

Maybe I have freakishly weird ears, or I'm just an idiot, but I can't figure out the best way to insert the new earbuds into my ear where they are snug. Right now they just kind of sit at the bottom of my ear, and if I tilt my head slightly they fall out.

Am I missing something? Or am I just spoiled by in-the-ear earphones like the Sony and Eytomic earphones?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:56 PM

Message me for Audiobook

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio

Maybe I have freakishly weird ears

yep thats the reason
kidding, I don't have any suggestions , sorry

- GoldCoaster
Old 09-20-2006, 12:07 AM

Senior Lounger

I can't get them to stay in either, just tried once and gave up, I guess I have freaky ears too, they simply do not fit me.

I used to swear by Sony ones for years and years (MDR-ED21LP) until they redesigned them, simply because they fit and stay put and I liked the deep bass. I was tired of the Sony's getting cheaper in quality and the cord would get frayed quickly, plus the new design didn't fit my ear as well, so I decided to get a nicer pair of headphones.

I tried out 10 different ones including the Fontopia ones you listed - but they were too heavy and kept falling out of my ear. I then very reluctantly tried Apple's In-Ear ones (didn't want white), they fit my ears perfect! (Probably because they come in 3 sizes so that helps). Now my phones never ever come out of my ear, and in the time I've had them (about 18 months) I would have been on my second pair of Sony's, so I figure they already payed for themselves. Also, I like that the In-Ears have a single cord for most of it's length instead of the 2 fused ones and that no special "ear manuevers" are required to insert them. Praying for Apple to make them in black and a bit more bassy.......
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 AM

Junior Lounger

Yeah, the old earbuds fit me much better than these new ones. A shame, but what can I do? Old ones it is.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Mine fit perfectly, I guess it's your ears
Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Can't you just put some of those little "sleeves" (not sure what they're called) on the new earbuds?

Would give them a bit more bulk, and probably be more comfortable (softer.)

I'm going to try adding some, as I don't like the new buds either. They're sloppy (IMHO.)

SAS

Topic: Best way to insert new Apple earbuds

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.