What I Want

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jordanus

Ok, I am tired of products that connect and charge the ipod to your Deck but either dont show any song or artist info, or limit you to playlist selection. Worse are the ones made by deck companies that only allow you to play playlists, and DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO CONTROL IT FROM THE iPOD ITSELF.
Does anybody know of a product that:
-Charges 5G iPods
-Displays Artist/Song info
-Retains iPod functionality
-On the deck, allows you to select by artist or by song

Thank you

elliewix

There are lots of good options that do those things, you can also go into any store which sells them and chat up an installer.

http://elliewix.wordpress.com/2006/08/03/pioneer-ipod-integration/

This is the link to the review I put together of my unit, which does everything you'd want. All the ipod functions are transfered to the head unit, and you can scroll through your playlists, artists, songs, and genres.

-Ellie

Jordanus

are u sure u can still control your iPod while it is pluged in? It looks like it displays a Pioneer logo, how can u get rid of that?

elliewix

Jordanus said:
are u sure u can still control your iPod while it is pluged in? It looks like it displays a Pioneer logo, how can u get rid of that?
All the controls are on the head unit, I have the ipod kept in the glove compartment. YOu don't need to get rid of the pioneer logo.

Jordanus

AHA
it was too good to be true, and it does NOT have everything i am asking for, as u can clearly see #3 in my list:
-Retains iPod functionality
u just got my hopes up, way up, and shot them down. :(
haha jk

but seriously..

elliewix

Jordanus said:
AHA
it was too good to be true, and it does NOT have everything i am asking for, as u can clearly see #3 in my list:

u just got my hopes up, way up, and shot them down. :(
haha jk

but seriously..
you do retain full ipod funtionality, except the buttons you poke are on the head unit. I actually prefer it this way.

-Ellie

Jordanus

you dont retain the iPods functionality, the ipod funtions are just mimicked (sp?) two completely diff. things.
and i have 25g's of music, i'm definately not scrolling through that whole list with a little knob, its hard enough as it is with teh scroll wheel to get from a - z.
im not saying this is a bad feature, it is actually one i desire most, it is just i want this, accompanied by the ability to also control from the ipod, simply because it is easier. Alsoooo, because i have the ipod in a cradle, and some times my friends put on sum chappelle stand up, so it serves as a lil screen, but good because even those who cant see the screen can still hear the stand up

thanks anyway tho

GnatGoSplat

I think what you want is physically impossible.

To get titles, elapsed time, etc. from the iPod dock requires putting the iPod in Advanced iPod Remote mode. This mode shuts off the iPod's built-in controls. You would need a firmware hack to the iPod itself to make the iPod controls work in AiR mode.

Jordanus

hmm
i settled for no display.
I just bought a Kenwood Excelon X790 and an AUX adapter that plays my #### through the speakers and charges my pod. good enough i guess