Is It Possible to Control Ipod while it's connected to sync?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ben B

Is It Possible to Control Ipod while it's connected to sync?

The reason I ask is I've got a 'Connects2' connector to my Sony car stereo that lets me control the ipod from the stereo, but while it's connected it switches on its own 'Connects2' syncing screen so I can't control anything from there.

I understand that's quite normal but I'd like to see if there's maybe a setting to enable the ipod to still be controllable while it's in sync mode, as finding a particular album or artist is a real pain clicking through them one by one via the headunit! Especially while keeping you eyes on the road!

Any settings people know of that I can change? My cousin says his old (monocrome) ipod mini lets him control things while it's in sync mode?

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
That's why alot of us prefer the old PLAIN AUX method!

anybody who is reading this and asks "isn't it more natural to control iPod via head?" the answser is YES, BUT ONLY IF IT'S DONE PERFECTLY. To find a head that will do that, yer talking lots$ and time.

Last edited:

Ben B

I wish Apple would bring out a headunit, with a nice big jog dial (and colour screen)! That'd make it so easy to find tracks!