anything that doesn't go into my ear...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Puppo420

I damaged my eardrum when i was a toddler (keep the q-tips away from children people) . So I am looking for phones that sound good, but do not go into your canal.

isanity

Are you sure that in-ear phones would be particularly likely to cause you pain/damage/whatever? Since they don't actually touch your eardrum, I don't see why that would be. What does your doctor say?

In any case, you need to give some indication of what style and price you'd consider. Take a look here: http://www.headphone.com/guide/

feh1325

suggests koss ksc75
a can would probably be the best solution?

valkolton

Owner - V-Moda
Website
www.v-moda.com
Also, Philips has an inexpensive "reverse sound" earphone which may help too, since the sound is bounced out then back in. V-MODA was going to come out with one too but it doesnt have enough bass for my tastes. We instead concentrated on a 3d sound with Remix by changing the accoustic padding and airflow...

-Val

birdman

I've just got my grubby paws on a pair of Ultrasone HIFI 500 - DJ1's. Man these puppies are sweet. $275 NZD is pretty steep but they look, sound and feel amazing. I can listen for hours and they are awesome for gaming too.