Ipod Honda Music Links is absurd!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hank

Website
www.interactivehank.com
After months of positive anticipation over this product. Weighting the pros and cons of using the many system that one can now buy to integrate an Apple iPod with your car, I decided to go ahead and indulge in the brand driven, factory approved version offered by Honda America.

I was an early adopter to making sure I had my iPod in my car. My first iPod (refrigerator) had an RF modulating connection in my 1995 VW Passat while I waited for BlitzSafe to make the first AUX connector for that model. I have always done all the work myself and have been very happy with the results.

When I purchased my new Honda Civic 2006, I was really excited by a small notice at Honda.com about the forthcoming partnership between Honda and Apple. My eyes were swimming with visions of enhanced colro displays navigating my ipod (now a 4G) with complete lucidity.

When I attend MacWorld 2006 as part of the Podcasting Place pool, I was again taken into full fantasy mode by Steve Jobs mention of all the amazing partnerships that were being developed with many auto manufacturers.

Well, now after about six months o f my new car and my new Honda Apple iPod MusicLink, all I can say is that this is the worst implementation of an idea I could ever have imagined.

I spent a hefty sum to get this thing installed and though I can hear my iPod crystal clear through my OEM Stereo system (and I really like the system), the interface is blindingly, outrageously stupid. The only enjoyment I get out of what Honda and Apple dream up (certainly More Honda, less Apple) is showing it to people who continually cannot believe that is all it does. The details are too silly to go into, just leave it to say that there is no interface, you basically fumble through a pre-exisitng part of the NAV screens trying in vain to get the software to do anything of interest, like play a specific song or a playlist or an album or an artist.

What I am hoping is that is some day going to be some sort of a first, second or third party update to this system. If anyone has any knowledge of such an idea please post it here.

Thanks,

Henry