Portable Speakers that fit iPod with case?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Johhhn

I have a 30gig Video iPod and want to find some portable speakers that will allow my iPod WITH a CASE to be able to dock to it.

I was at Best Buy today and was able to fit my iPod with a silcon case into the mm50s, BUT, it wasn't stable-- if you blew on it, it would simply disconnect itself.

Also, and more importantly, I am going to use a clear plastic hard case on my iPod and so it'll be 'thicker' than the silcone cases.

Does anyone have any recommendations for portable speakers and/or home speaker setup?

Also, is there a dock connector 'extender'? That'd fix the problem for sure.

thanks!

Black Beauty

Hello Johhhn,

I have never seen the case that you have your iPod in, and I'm not sure how high tech you want your speakers to be, that said, I just got Pacific RIM Cube Travel Speakers, and I love em'! :) They are small, but they have a good sound to them and in addition, my iPod(with Incase neoprene case) fits (snuggly), best of all, the speakers were on sale for $14.00!! :cool: I was dissapointed that the speakers did not come in black (my iPod is black), at least I didn't see any black speakers. However, I just wanted something that sounded reasonably good and that were easy to carry, and that would fit on my desk at work. Hope this helps!

azndano

Hi Johhhn,

I have a 30GB Video iPod with an Agent 18 case. I too was in your situation because I didn't have to have to take off my case to listen to music. The only solution it seemed was to use a line-in cable to connect the iPod to the system, if I was to keep the case on. But with a line-in port, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the full output sound, charging, and docking capabilities.

But I think I finally found the solution: the Altec Lansing ImMini. You're probably thinking I'm crazy; a iPod video for a system that was made for the iPod mini. BUT JUST KEEP YOUR MIND OPEN. Since the 30GB Video iPod is thinner than the Mini, then a Video iPod with the case made it the SAME THICKNESS! Next, I shaves off the pegs on the pop-open dock and then BAM! My iPod is now able to play music and charge and all that jazz WITH MY AGENT 18 CASE ON!

This is only solution I really knew off other than spending a bunch of money on an iPod Hi-Fi system or different system that has the Apple universal type dock. That dock, with all adapters off, will fit most cases. But I'm loving this solution. The ImMini system was $30 at buy.com so it's easy on the wallet too!