Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Nissan Murano iPod interface works great

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod install 2004 Nissan Murano Se with SAt button

I want to hook in an ipod. The dealer says it cant be done. I see forums that say it can and there should be a connection behind rear seat for satellite. I can not find this connection. I have the SAT button on the console but when I hit it it says no SAT. The dealer says it is not there because it would have been added if I had chose the Satellite upgrade when I bought the car. Is there another way to do this?

--

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

nice pictures
thanks for the info
Old 04-28-2009, 03:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

03 Murano SL

I'm purchasing a 2003 Nissan Murano SL and the previous owner showed me that we installed a ipod holder/dock in the center console that powers and plays music via the Bose head unit but it does not allow control of the unit. How can I determine and update it to control the ipod?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

I still have:
Parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter)

please let me know if you are interested
Old 07-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm interested nextime..email me at sarmstrong at theravance dot com

cheers,
scott
Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod shuffle reset annoyance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidejen View Post
I bought an 06 Altima and the dealer added in the iPod adapter for the Bose sound system (and I don't have the nagivation package). This "problem" has been driving me NUTS as a huge issue with the iPod setup. I was almost better off with the FM broadcaster plugged into the lighter of my last car because at least the songs played the way I want. I hadn't seen this listed in my books. I take it there's no way to "fix" this behavior?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyparts View Post
Westsidejen: Make sure that you select play Random in I-Tunes when you synch your Ipod, this shoudl keep the setting on random.
Jerseyparts (or anyone else): I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix the annoyance of the ipod resetting the shuffle mode everytime I turn the car on. I've tried selecting "play random" in itunes; setting ipod to random before plugging in the ipod; tried itunes alternatives... Any update on this?? Any other ideas?? Other than this annoyance, the unit works great!!

Thanks,
Jon

'05 Murano with Ipod adapter w/ Sat button
Old 07-25-2009, 02:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've read through most of this thread and I want to thank everyone for the great information here. But like a few others it seems, some of the parts or part numbers have been updated and I'm not sure which I need to order.

I have a 2005 SL with the 6 Disc CD Bose system and Sat Radio that is currently not being used.

What do I need to run cables from the iPod to the stereo so I don't need a FM transmitter?

Thanks!
J
Old 08-08-2009, 02:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Recently purchased an '06 Murano S.

Checked the back and it DOES have the Sat plug ... BUT my radio - which is the Factory Stock single CD AM/FM - Has NO Sat button. All it has is Radio and it toggles thru A-B-C but does not go to/toggle to XM as an option.

Does the XM option only become active once the iPod adaptor is plugged in to the Sat harness in the back?

Or is my setup not compatible?

Thanks
-M
Old 08-08-2009, 02:53 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextime View Post
I still have:
Parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter)

please let me know if you are interested
Still Available??

I would be interested if my post above pans out in the positive AND what you are selling will work with what I have.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

IPod Interface

Is any one having trouble with the Interface? I contacted David at YourNissanParts.com (aka penskeautomotive.com) concerning the Ipod Interface Kit (part #s 999U7-VR002 and 999U9-EP000) and got this response today:

Quote:
MULTIPLE PROBLEMS WITH MURANO INSTALL KIT, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY KIT AT THIS TIME.
I have read this entire thread and did not see users here having "problems". What is up with this? Has anyone had this experience ... or a bad experience?
Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

Got the kit from Brian at nissanipod.com

Works just as expected. Perfectly !! Very nice addition to the MO.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Questions

I was wondering if anybody could help me

I see that this is possible to do, but heres the deal.

I have an 06 Nissan Murano S. No Bose stereo, no fancy stuff.

It has a Cat button a CD Button and a Radio Button.

I called up yournissanparts.com, the guy who answered the phone stated that they Nissan does not make parts on the 06 to connect your Ipod to your car. Far cry from what you guys state on here. I looked in the back and there appears to be a white plug that has been set aside.

I would glad appreciate any help

Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwidoc View Post
I was wondering if anybody could help me

I see that this is possible to do, but heres the deal.

I have an 06 Nissan Murano S. No Bose stereo, no fancy stuff.

It has a Cat button a CD Button and a Radio Button.

I called up yournissanparts.com, the guy who answered the phone stated that they Nissan does not make parts on the 06 to connect your Ipod to your car. Far cry from what you guys state on here. I looked in the back and there appears to be a white plug that has been set aside.

I would glad appreciate any help

Thanks
There is no issue that I can see with your setup, you probably got a rookie at NissanParts. As long as you have the connector under the flap on the drivers side rear seat you are good to go. Check your invoice and confirm your car is pre-wired for SAT.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks gquiring!! I actually went to the Nissan dealership out here too and the guy said theirs nothing I can do. But then further reading the thread, I found that I should ask for the Nissan Armada part. This is what I did today, I walked in, asked them for the Armada part. Took me about 5 mins to connect everything. The car had been hooked up for SAT so i did not have to poke around. Less than excited about how the music is random...small price to pay. =)

I GOT MY IPOD CONNECTED!!! WOOOHOOThanks for the thread
Old 10-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwidoc View Post
Thanks gquiring!! I actually went to the Nissan dealership out here too and the guy said theirs nothing I can do. But then further reading the thread, I found that I should ask for the Nissan Armada part. This is what I did today, I walked in, asked them for the Armada part. Took me about 5 mins to connect everything. The car had been hooked up for SAT so i did not have to poke around. Less than excited about how the music is random...small price to pay. =)

I GOT MY IPOD CONNECTED!!! WOOOHOOThanks for the thread
Congrats, amazing how clueless these dealers are!!!

Topic: Nissan Murano iPod interface works great

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.