Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: my itrip isnt working properly

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Junior Lounger

my itrip isnt working properly

i just got a new itrip and a new car and the transmistion has a horrible buzzing sound in the back ground i tryed to retune the itrip but dost matter what channel it still makes the noise?

any ideas?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 PM

Veteran Lounger

Take it back
Old 02-02-2006, 06:48 AM

Junior Lounger

cant i got it on ebay. lol there not alowed in the uk.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:47 PM

Scottish Lounger

Re: my itrip isnt working properly

Quote:
Originally posted by safeasfcuk2003
i just got a new itrip and a new car and the transmistion has a horrible buzzing sound in the back ground i tryed to retune the itrip but dost matter what channel it still makes the noise?

any ideas?
What is your volume set at. Should be 50-70% to high you may get clipping to low power not enough. Also you have to make sure the station you select has notheing either side to stop bleed through.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:38 PM

Junior Lounger

Re: my itrip isnt working properly

Quote:
Originally posted by safeasfcuk2003

any ideas?
If your FM stereo is making noise on its own WITHOUT the iTrip/iPod connected - then you will want to install an inline noise filter.

However if it's only making the buzzing noise with your iTrip/iPod transmissions, I would say your iTrip is either not in International Mode for European transmissions or your iTrip is just not working properly and should get a replacement from the seller.

I bought an iTrip for my 5G a couple of months ago - and right out of the box - I could only hear the transmission if the iPod was right next to the receiver (a mere inches away). It was tranmitting - but not well at all, besides the instruction said that normal transmission is between 10 ft to 30 ft of distance. I took it back and got a replacement (bought it at Best Buy) and my second one worked like a charm! NO PROBLEMS!! MAJOR difference!!

BLACK 5G iPod 30GB - agent18 Case - iTrip USER
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Nothing is wrong except the itrip itself

I also had an itrip that would not stop buzzing. I even took it apart and enhanced the antenna with copper. The clarity was much better but thebuzzing was still there. I think there is someting wrong with the itrip, it is like it's not grounded properly.

Also, to whoever said that it must be the volume is not correct this itrip sets itself automatically.

Last edited by brunot99; 02-09-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Scottish Lounger

Re: Nothing is wrong except the itrip itself

Quote:
Originally posted by brunot99

Also, to whoever said that it must be the volume is not correct this itrip sets itself automatically.
Is that why the user manual states:

"Does the volume on the iPod always have to be 50%-70%?

Yes. The volume is very important to the iTrip. Anything lower than 50% and the iTrip will turn itself off. Anything higher than 70% and the audio from your iTrip could be distorted."?

The volume issue was only a suggestion based on experience of a similar issue, which went away once the iPod volume was reduced, after following guidance in the user manual.

Topic: my itrip isnt working properly

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.