Cassette adaptor keeps ejecting - is my tape player too smart?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

IpodYouPodSB

Can anyone help with this one? I want to use my cassette player and an adaptor to hook up my ipod but the adaptor keeps ejecting. It's like my tape player is too smart and thinks there is nothing on my tape. The music will play for 1 second and then "pop" - out comes the adaptor.

Car is 2004 Maxima and I've tried playing with tape settings and reading the manual - can't make it stay in. It seems an FM transmitter is in my future. Any ideas?

IpodYouPodSB

ipod2genman said:
can a regular tape stay in?
Yes, I tried a couple and they work fine. I cannot turn off the autoreverse feature so I notice a regular tape just turns over A to B. I'm wondering if that is part of the issue because the tape always displays that it's changing sides from A to B or vice versa right before the cassette adaptor ejects.

ipod2genman

I'm a Podder
hmm, this autoreverse may be the cause. but you said it only plays for a second, so that cant be it.

do you have any cd players you could try to use with that adapter. if so, stick a regular standard music disc in there and try it again.

kdogg

I had the exact same problem.

It may be the autoreverse, but usually those are triggered by a non moving "spinner" (like end of the tape). Check the wire isn't pinching the insert/eject mechanism. It may not help you, but after hours of troubleshooting-my problem was my toddler decided to put $.33 worth of pennies in the tape player.

IpodYouPodSB

kdogg said:
I had the exact same problem.

It may be the autoreverse, but usually those are triggered by a non moving "spinner" (like end of the tape). Check the wire isn't pinching the insert/eject mechanism. It may not help you, but after hours of troubleshooting-my problem was my toddler decided to put $.33 worth of pennies in the tape player.
Sorry folks, wild goose chase. I just tried a friend's adaptor in my tape player and it works fine (and sounds way better than the FM transmitter). My adaptor had some sort of jam so would not turn. Problem solved, FM transmitter goes to daughter's car (no tape player). Thanks for the responses.

pianomanss87

My cassette adaptor sounds like it is in rewind and makes a clicking sound all the time. Have to turn the music loud to cover it. Any ideas on how to stop it.

pianomanss87

I took the adaptor apart and took out all the gears and sprayed them with WD40. Wiped up the excess and put it back together. All is quiet now.

evilware

this happened to my friend on his jeep 1998, it kept auto reversing and then ejecting, so he decided to hit the top of his dashboard really hard just above the radio and it all the sudden worked.

evilware

i just tryed the one i bought in my 1989 BMW and it didn't work it autoreversed and did that over and over.

BlackBuzzardNYC

I have the SAME exact problem. I have the Sony cassette adapter..the one that everyone says is the best. It plays sometimes for days without a problem. But about 3 or 4 times a week it just ejects on its own and when i try to put it back, it plays for a minute and then ejects...over and over ..for the rest of the entire fu---in day. It makes me mad. I bough 3 of the cassette adapters. They ALL give the same problem. The problem goes away when I turn off the car and turn it back on after a loong time (overnight). If i turn the car on after only an hour the problem is still there.

I have a 2006 Lexus GS430. It sucks they didnt include an AUX IN like they did on the 2006 IS series.

IpodYouPodSB

I just bought a new Sony adaptor and used it successfully on my way to work today. Noise level was low, quality was good, no problems. I'll have to see if mine starts acting like BlackBuzzardNYC's over time. If it does I will definitely try a different brand as a comparison. (I have 2004 Nissan Maxima in case anyone's wondering. The use instructions on the adaptor do say "will not work in some cars" but does not go into why ).

ArjunV

BlackBuzzardNYC said:
I have the SAME exact problem. I have the Sony cassette adapter..the one that everyone says is the best. It plays sometimes for days without a problem. But about 3 or 4 times a week it just ejects on its own and when i try to put it back, it plays for a minute and then ejects...over and over ..for the rest of the entire fu---in day. It makes me mad. I bough 3 of the cassette adapters. They ALL give the same problem. The problem goes away when I turn off the car and turn it back on after a loong time (overnight). If i turn the car on after only an hour the problem is still there.

I have a 2006 Lexus GS430. It sucks they didnt include an AUX IN like they did on the 2006 IS series.
Same man, Sony too. It's ####ing me off. But it only happens on of our cars, the Toyota Highlander. I want to say that it's a Lexus/Toyota thing, but it plays fine in our RX 300 and Mercedes, it's REALLY annoying. I think I'm just going to step forth and integrate a dock into the damn thing.

Ckoehn27

Same man, Sony too. It's ####ing me off. But it only happens on of our cars, the Toyota Highlander. I want to say that it's a Lexus/Toyota thing, but it plays fine in our RX 300 and Mercedes, it's REALLY annoying. I think I'm just going to step forth and integrate a dock into the damn thing.
I have an 04 infiniti g35 and it does the exact same thing

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Solution

If your Infinity G35 Radio comes with a Satellite button, satellite ready or comes with Sat radio. there is no need to use the tape anymore,
you can add this auxiliary audio input adapter and input direct audio into the Infinity radio Infinity auxiliary input

Harryfrei4443

I'm having a similar problem. I just bought a 2003 Chevy s10 crew cab. Like the user who started this thread, I am a firm believer in the cassette adapter. When I popped it in for the first time, sound would only pump out of the left side of the truck. So i popped the adapter out and fiddled around with it hoping that would solve my predicament as it had in the past. But when I was going to pop it back in I noticed that the cassette deck was still registering that there was a tape still present. Still no avail about an hour after playing around with the different functions listed in the manual. I hope to find an answer through somebody here before I have to go through the dealership to figure things out. Like I said, I just got the truck this morning and everything is perfect EXCEPT for this little hiccup.

Dmanblock

Rrrrrrrr

I. Have a 94 Mercury sable with a cassette player in it I baught a adapter to play my music from my iPhone but it doesn't work it says 1 tape then 2 tape and plays a second and ejects and says error 1 can anyone help me please