Display, operate iPod through AV System

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tomnewton

Does anyone know if there's a device that plugs into the iPod and provides connectors for both stereo and video so that 1) you can listen to iPod through home stereo and 2) navigate the iPod menus on the TV screen? Listening to music is not the hard part :)

I have TiVo's network based solution, but they don't support iTunes and it just doesn't work enough of the time to be a pain. I don't have photo or video iPod, so it's really just the iPod menus I need.

I read about iHome, but I'm looking for something that is less expensive ... and also exists :)

Tom

SRosato

Check out this link @ crutchfield: crutchfield.com/S-VxkVDP7TrVy/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=033AV4306S&g=10420&search=ipod

Its a little pricey and I don't know if it does video.

tomnewton

Thanks -- already have the receiver, need less

SRosato said:
Check out this link @ crutchfield: crutchfield.com/S-VxkVDP7TrVy/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=033AV4306S&g=10420&search=ipod

Its a little pricey and I don't know if it does video.
Thanks. I was looking for something more in the $50 - $150 range :)

I saw a Denon system like this -- a guy at Tweeter demo'd a $5,000 model, so this one's a steal at $2,000. The one I saw had a built-in plug in the same form as on the charger base, but also allows you to control the iPod and view it's screens on the video monitor with a TV remote. A great idea, and simple enough that I hoped someone had done this already and sold it for $89.95 or something :)

Thanks for the link.