Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I've Found It!!! 5th Gen Fm Transmitter!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 PM

Junior Lounger

I've Found It!!! 5th Gen Fm Transmitter!!!

Before you read this, let me say two things: disregard this if you need your ipod charged while in the car, and if you need a fully portable FM transmitter.

Anyway, I just picked up the Schosche FM Transmitter. It broadcasts to four stations, and plugs into the car outlet. It is NOT ipod specific. Let me say this though- it is fantastic. It beats out any other FM transmitter I've tried- strength of sound is incredible. It actually carried over to my friends car, and he was like 30 feet behind us. The best part is the price-- only $18! Anyway, you can pick it up at your local anti-union Wal-Mart... it's the only place it's available. It's in the automotive section. Trust me on this... it's excellent!
__________________________________________________ ______

Coolkatz321's BIG UPDATE

If you want to avoid the entire 25 pages of, for the most part, pretty satisfied people, you just need to know this--

1. Do NOT get the one that charges through the dock, only the one that goes through the headphone jack
2. It's located in the AUTOMOTIVE section of Wal-Mart, NOT the electronics section
3. Here's the link-- Scosche FM Transmitter (It tends to be sold out online so try the actual store... I hate going there too)
4. Model is FMTRNS01
5. If you can't get it in the store, you can always get it at Shop4Tech.com-- here-- for $20 with free shipping.

June 20, 2006- SECOND UPDATE!

Schosche has released a brand new FM transmitter which charges AND transmits for the 5G Ipod. It's still in the auto section of Wal-Mart, but it is BLACK, NOT white. It works fantastically, and I highly suggest everyone go buy it!

ENJOY IT, IT'S GREAT!!!

Last edited by coolkatz321; 06-21-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:51 PM

Senior Lounger

pics? links if poss please?

ta

Baz
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Scratchless 30 GB 5G

My old iTrip was rated for six feet, but when driving home from a party once, I could hear my friend's iTrip overriding mine as he passed about 50 feet away.

The advantage of an iTrip is that it's powered by the iPod itself, but naturally that's not as important given you say the other one is powered by the car.

I found many results for the product in question at Crutchfield (less evil), and none powered by the cigarette lighter, only interally (at which point you might as well get an aux input adapter). Do you have a model number?

--filburt1
The iPod Decision Chart: http://www.turtletips.com/ipodchart.pdf

"No Poaching/Pimping/Soliciting members and advertising of website forums" - Please read Forum Guidelines. Thank you. iLounge Team
Old 12-27-2005, 10:23 PM

Junior Lounger

Link?

If you want a case for your iPod BUY A INVISIBLE SHIELD it is the best 25 bucks i have ever spent!!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 AM

Junior Lounger

Sorry for the slow update...

It's not letting me post URL's for some reason, so I'll just tell you where it is. Go to Wal-Mart's website and type in 'Scosche.' It's the one that's $17.67. That's it!

Trust me... it's REALLY good. Also, it's in the automotive section of Wal-Mart, not electronics.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 AM

Junior Lounger

bump... keep it up there
Old 12-28-2005, 01:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably have to try this.

If it isn't up to par for me, Walmart is great with returns.

30GB iPod Video White

8.5GB - 1580 songs
Old 12-28-2005, 01:41 PM

Junior Lounger

I can almost guarantee it's worth it... I was just in the city yesterday, and it worked flawlessly.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Which four stations does it broadcast to? Will it overpower other stations if there is one near the empty station?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for this tip. I went on Walmart's website, and they had another model by the same company for $24.86 that charges AND transmits on FM. It hooks to the dock connector port. The four channels are 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7. I just went and bought it, it was right next to the one the OP mentioned.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:22 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks for the heads up. I would be interested in hearing other reviews of it as I am currently looking for a transmitter.

5G 30GB (White) || Agent 18 VideoShield || Schosche FM Transmitter || Altec Lansing 2.0 Speakers
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM

Junior Lounger

It overpowers any station... 88.5 by me is NPR, and this just completely overtook it. I'd love to see Ilounge review it, it happens to be a tremendous transmitter.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:48 PM

Junior Lounger

nano?

Quote:
Originally posted by alexadeparis
Thanks for this tip. I went on Walmart's website, and they had another model by the same company for $24.86 that charges AND transmits on FM. It hooks to the dock connector port. The four channels are 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7. I just went and bought it, it was right next to the one the OP mentioned.
That would work with the nano, correct? Is it at the AUTO section or the audio at my friendly anti-union WalMart?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Junior Lounger

I'm not sure if it works with nano... I think it does. It's in the auto section, next to the car stereos; there should be a big wall of Scosche products. I love it; absolutely fantastic.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Junior Lounger

where the car radios are....

i picked up the original one mentioned, i have a shuffle too, and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my friend, you have stumbled upon the BEST FM transmitter i have ever heard. The first chance i get, i am bringing back my new itrip for the 5g, this scosche one blows it out of the water! and for less than half the price!!! if you need an FM transmitter to play your ipod in your car, you have just found it!!!!

edit:

sound wise, the bass is well defined, highs are clear, and there is very little if not any interference at all, i literally had to turn the engine off in my focus to listen for noise

the 5g itrip sucks, everytime i move it, a wave of static takes over, not to mention a loud click when you change tracks...

thanks again

Last edited by ciama81; 12-28-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Topic: I've Found It!!! 5th Gen Fm Transmitter!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.