? Short in headphones ? causing unwanted pausing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Darn

Hey peoples

Just got my 60GB 5G (black) pod yesterday and it's all loaded up.

I use ER-6 sound isolating phones that I bought off a friend for $50 about 2 years ago.

There seems to be a short in the headphones, because when I try to put the pod in my jacket pocket, the pod pauses. I THink it's because doing so moves the headphone wire at that magic angle.

Anyway, my question is...is there a way to turn this feature off? It's SO annoying!! The phones sound fine. I'm not about top replace a $150 pair of headphones because of a frigging pointless and annoying feature of a new gadget I got that is beginning to #### me off.

BTW, if I could use my old ipod remote from my 3G, i could just simply reach down and unpause, but apple was kind enough to make it impossible for me to use it. :) thanks apple! way to go!!

The screen is nice, the sound is better, the photos and videos are cool, but overall I think I enjoy commuting with my 3G more. OH, my 3G would cut off songs and 'silently play' songs, and RESET at any given moment! I almost forgot why I bought this 5G to begin with!!!

Please answer my headphone pause question, thanks.

Bellor

The problem is not with the cable. It's the jack that's giving you the trouble. Try another pair of phones and see how that works. The jack may be a few microns too small and it gets just enough space to wiggle inside