Just got my ety 4p!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cjhobbies00

I just got my er4p from idealsound for around 220, just a little more than avg ebay price. While i'm very happy with the sound, these things are just too freaking ugly. Their ugliness cannot be communicated through our simple human languages...I'm gonna return them for a pair of shure e5cs....Give up clarity so i don't look like i have two c*cks sticking outta my ears.

Edit: how much should i be paying for a pair of new shure e5cs on ebay? thanks

Last edited:

gnagel

The Zook Era Begins
I love my Etymotics ER-4Ps.

I thought they sounded good out of the box, but the sound continued to improve for weeks after I started listening with them.

The isolation that they offer is incredible. I work out on a treadmill and I cannot hear the motor with my Ety earphones on. They're also great for listening to music on the airplane.

Don't judge the book by its cover.

The Sage

Are you frigging mental? You get the best sounding headphones for an ipod and you are more worried about how they look in your ear? If you think the ety4p's look like a c*ck you have a big or should we say very small problem.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
I think they stick out a little far out, but then again, that makes them ez-er to insert and remove. Not crazy about the new twisted wires. My old 4p had straight wires.

Chewie

In a Galaxy Far Far Away
Surprisingly:rolleyes: I actually bought my headphone based upon their sound qualities and not looks :rolleyes:

Vitz

If they sound good to me, look is not a problem, only if you care about peoples says...

cjhobbies00

I kno looks aren't everything and all that hallmark crap, but there's a limit! Is it really so hard to make a headphone look decent after u spent all that time making it sound good?

these headphones are freaking dangerous! a well placed smack to the head by an angry girlfriend will forever lodge these things into your brain!

Kapalua

Pro Lounger
I love my Ety 4P's and wouldn't sell them for such a silly reason. The sound is incredible. I've not heard anything that competes with them. They're in a class by themselves.

nosaru

"Their ugliness cannot be communicated through our simple human languages"
rofl

nosaru

Their ugliness cannot be communicated through our simple human languages
hahaha o god, ur funny
if i have money to blow i would do the same u did, get e5c.
ety4p has really really good sound, but it can be too plain sometimes imo. but other than that its a great pair and its cheap. :)

aquatika

Yeah iPoddance, I think we got it in your first post that you thought that was funny, no need for another.

Give up clarity so i don't look like i have two c*cks sticking outta my ears.
Sometimes sound quality comes at a price, better with two c*cks sticking out of your ears than you coming across as a d*ckhead. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: