Storing the MDR-71EXSL with included case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jessica.

I just bought a pair a MDR-71EXSLs and I do like them. They are super confortable for me. My problem is that I do need the extension cord but not all 3' or whatever it is, so I've used that little ear piece plastic thing to cut some of the slack. However, I am trying to figure out a good way to fit the phones with plastic cord wrap and obviously the ear plugs (the ones on the phones) in the supplied case. I tried and it's a mess really. Does anyone want to show me (via picture) how they're doing it? Or can I not store these with the extension? It does seem crowded.
Thanks!

rx7_fan

Acoustics Enthusiast
Website
rx7.com
first, nice monitor and computer combo =D. Now back to the subject, I think you should just buy a remote control (from apple) and connect it to the 71sl w/o using the extension. It will be in perfect length after that. As for storing it, just find a small pouch and put the headphones/remote in all together.

jessica.

That's true, but there is a nice hard case that it came with. I kind of hope there is a solution...I'm sick of messing with tangled cables. :(

Bulldoze10

I didn't like the extension on the EX71 either so I got an EX51 at Target, switched them and returned it for a full refund.

afbug

®©?™
I use the plastic thing as a cord winder and the soft pouch to store them. Or maybe you can convince a friend to give you his plastic thing. :D Another alternative is to buy a Smartwrap.

RNELSON

Ultimate Member
just go to a convenience store. buy some Altoids Sours, eat them, and wash out the tin. i use one of these for me ex51s and wrap them around my hand and then put them in the Altoids Sours case. it is a metal tin so it offers good protection for the buds.

Jackson

Dougboy said:
hmm those look like 51s with some pretty colours and a bag to me
Not too bad if you need a case to protect your ipod! The one in pink colour look cool through!.

TommyBOY

Nice Pick! I guess Sony's designer wanna to create a crossover with a fashion design