line out for cars with XM radio?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Keimer14

Website
www.dtband.net
getting a car next week. it is a 2004 GMC envoy, equipped with XM radio. right now, i dont think i will need or can afford to pay the monthly fee to have XM, nor can i afford to pay $150+ to get one of the ipod car installations that allows you to control the ipod with your stereo. so what i want to do is just have a line out to my ipod. so here are my questions:

1. do i have to disconnect the XM radio in order to have a line out?
2. if so, is the XM radio connected to the factory stereo using RCA jacks or something that could easily be connected to the ipod?
3. is there a way to have a line out without disconnecting the XM radio?

I want to keep the possibility of having the XM radio and iPod connected in the future by using something like Metra Wire-Tunes, when i can afford to have both.

Thanks for your help,
Aaron

absentiabanish

Try logjam electronics online. They have adapters that allow you auxilary inputs and cd changers. If the plug for the XM is the same as a changer you might be in luck.

ultimix

I have a 05 Vette with XM as well - I am having the same problem - I need a cable that will work with the XM as an Aux. I emailed the company above and they said that they dont have one...

any help - I really want to connect my Ipod Direct to my factory Vette c6 radio -

thanks

Mark

absentiabanish

I checked the other web sites that I know of the only thing for Vettes is for 97-2004. I guess they must have changed the radios on your model. GM is not one of those companys that wants you to add anything to their radios very easily.

ultimix

absentiabanish said:
I checked the other web sites that I know of the only thing for Vettes is for 97-2004. I guess they must have changed the radios on your model. GM is not one of those companys that wants you to add anything to their radios very easily.
I am finding that out.... :(

Mark