Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Earbuds & Tragus Piercing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-16-2005, 04:16 PM

Junior Lounger

Earbuds & Tragus Piercing

I have my tragus pierced on my left ear. The tragus is that little piece of cartiladge in front of the ear canal.

The Apple earbuds won't fit right in that ear. I can flip the ring up and it'll fit but won't stay in place. I've never found basic earbuds to be comfortable anyway.

Anyone find a good headphone solution for tragus piercings? I do have the "around the back of the head" headphones, but I don't think they'd be comfortable running with my shuffle.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:27 AM

AKA Randall

Depending on the position of the piercing, in-ear earbuds will probably do nicely for you. Specifically the Sony MDR-EX51's/EX71's, because they are pretty small and shouldn't interfere with your piercing. If you're concerned about them falling out while you're running, then the Sony MDR-EX81's will work. They are basically the same design, but with a behind the ear clip attached.

If you don't like in-ear types, then your only other option with running as a factor would be clip-on types (like the Koss KSC75's or something similar) or the behind the head style which you already own.

Apple iPod 3G 20GB | Apple 5G 60GB| Sennheiser HD555 | Sony MDR-V6 | Koss KSC75 (with Kramer and Headband mods) |

Topic: Earbuds & Tragus Piercing

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.