Do podcasts take room on ur iPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

d6rth7ader

Website
www.articlewheel.com
OK guys - this may sound stupid - but im only new to this. Do podcasts take room on ur iPod nano? if so - how much room do they take? like a significant amount or something.

thanks for any reply.

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Hi and welcome to the lounge!

Podcasts take up as much space as songs do. It depends on how long the podcast is. If it's an hour long or something, it may be 30 MB or so. You can find out by going to the podcasts section on iTunes and find out the total file size or find the "Get Info" for each individual episode and find out there as well.

Sparkee

I subscribe to quite a few podcasts, right now I have 47 podcasts I have yet to listen to. That adds up to 1.85Gbs. Video podcasts do take alot more room though. Most people only keep unplayed podcasts so iTunes will automatically delete old episodes once you've played them all the way through.

thebeatsuite

Banned
Website
www.beatsuite.com
They certainly do but it's not such much a problem if they're just audio podcasts. They're just like your regular MP3s and take up the same type of space depending on length.

Website
www.ilounge.com
It also depends on the bit-rate at which the podcasts are encoded. Some podcasts encode at 32kbps or 64kbps so as to take up less space. The audio quality may not be as good, but if it's a podcast with nothing but speech on it, it's really not going to matter.

Chewbacca

token wookie
Yes but they are somewhat disposable and highly entertaining. They have for me taken away the little interest I had in UK broadcast television.

Sparkee

It should also be noted here that even though Podcasts do take memory on your iPod, iTunes can be set up to remove old podcasts from both iTunes and the iPod. Both iTunes and the iPod have some options that may be set to limit how many episodes are stored and/or transfered to the iPod.