How to change the graphics on your iPod!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AubreyXVI

I'm very intreted in this, and am most likley going to do it, but i noticed that it said my iPod would lose all its data... would iTunes also? I mean, even if all the songs are deleted, i'll be able to put them all back with iTunes anyway, right?

dorylomorphs

be careful with this.. it didnt work out so well with me, and i took a trip to the apple store as a result.

viciousvixen

i have a 4g nano; and wizard 1.2 firmware 14.5.2; and updater 6.28.2006; but everytime i try to downgrade firmware it says an error has ecountered then it closes. can anyone help me????:confused: :confused:

viciousvixen

ok never mind..i just realized that it wont downgrade with the new updater..so i switched back to 1.1.1..and it worked perfectly fine

TennsDog

I don't know if it has been covered on this thread before, but I'm not about to go read all 38 pages of it. When I use the method originally posted to change the icons, the iPod Wizard program has the "load bitmap" and "save bitmat" buttons for each icon displayed. However, once I get to the icon(s) I want to change, the "load bitmap" button becomes disabled and I am unable to replace it with my own image. Am I doing something wrong or are others having this problem?

Also, I know the change has to be made on a Windows computer, but does the iPod have to be formatted for Windows as well or can it still work with a Mac formatted iPod?

Last edited:

Juice Can

will hacking and then restoring the iPod void the waranty? i bought my iPod nano mid- june, and my photo is a second hand. are any of these still covered under waranty?

Bobaab

you can just reload the original iPod firmware and no one will no anything happened to it. How could it void the warranty?

ihatenames

LukeA said:
You can restore the firmware unless you remove a small (32MB) boot partition. THen you've ruined your iPod and voided the warranty.
Thats not true, the usb and disk drivers and boot loader(or at least part of it) are on the flash rom, just boot the ipod up in to disk mode and run the apple updater if you nuke the boot partition.

Last edited:

m6arate

Hi. I am a proud owner of an iriver, a knock-off of the ipod. We have developed a very similar hack to change the images. Could someone please send me a zip with all the images, or some main images, for me to try on my player? Ill try and post the reult.

Also: what s the screen resolution?

ihatenames

m6arate said:
Hi. I am a proud owner of an iriver, a knock-off of the ipod. We have developed a very similar hack to change the images. Could someone please send me a zip with all the images, or some main images, for me to try on my player? Ill try and post the reult.

Also: what s the screen resolution?
iriver, a knock-off of the ipod :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mnhnhyouh

Website
www.geocities.com
Yeah, the H3xx series were not a knock off, but were well in advance, and some 2 years later, still are...

They offered USBOTG, FM radio built in, built in microphone, and line in, two headphone out jacks. They had a colour screen in July 2004, before the iPod, and video in November 2004.

The image chaging program H300mod was in place by early 2005.

h

laxpod

Old School
ok so im sure some one has asked, but whever i try to click the downgrade firmware thing, i get a "iPod Firmware Modifier has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error message
anyone help?

MikeMaster20

I'm also having a hard time releasing the clips. I can easily get a pick or tool inside, but when i move it around i dont feel the clips releasing. What am I doing wrong?