How can I report my stolen iPod to Apple?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Website
seaglasspoint.blogspot.com
I am extremely sorry for not searching, but I am a sweating, blubbering mess. My ipod was stolen from me today and I remember somewhere on this forum someone said you can report your ipod stolen to apple, ie give them the serial number and they can find it if someone plugs it into a computer?????? I'm in Canada, so i don't know if thats US only, but please I need something............ thanks soooo much!!!!

Website
The sad thing is a do take very good care of my nano. Its always on me, until today when my friend wanted me to go with her and help another teacher do something for volunteer hours we needed. I thought it would be quick, so I left my bag with friends and went. But it took the whole class and the friends in my class had left my bag behind in a room they were using for only part of the class. I am so mad at myself for not asking how long it would take and to to my bag. Plus I didn't have my nano out at all so someone would of had to of know I had my ipod and to rifle through my purse. I also find it amusing they left behind a digital camera and a cell phone. Kill me now before I have to tell my parents.

ipodphoto30

sounds pretty bad. *drives stake through heart* there you're dead now.

EDIT: maybe if you tell your parents the honest truth they'll understand and not be too upset about this. OF course you didn't know any better or something...

ArtDamage911

man that sucks, what kind of friends would just leave your bag alone. i dont even trust the best of friends with my ipod, when i first got it i wouldnt let my friend touch it even if i were in the same room. BAD FRIENDS... BAD. NO TOUCH!!!!

Sorry to hear what happened. In the future don't leave such items laying around anywhere. The Nano can be worn around your neck & tucked under your shirt out of view. It would be best to wear it like that during school hours.

Tell your parents the truth about how it happened. I think they will be understanding since you were doing something good to help others.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
your parents' deductible most likely exceeds the value of your nano, and even if you could make a claim most homeowner policies (in the u.s.) can go up as much as 33% with single claim. if your nano was purchased on a credit card within the last 90 days, you may be able to take advantage of a 'buyer protection plan' that many card companies offer. my son's ipod was taken out of his gym locker and this saved his bacon!

edit: now i see in your sig ~Dec 26th 2005 ~ ... sorry for your loss, you're probably out of luck at this point unless someone turns in the perp.

Last edited:

XxSweetCherryxX

iLove iPods
Website
www.myspace.com
ArtDamage911 said:
man that sucks, what kind of friends would just leave your bag alone. i dont even trust the best of friends with my ipod, when i first got it i wouldnt let my friend touch it even if i were in the same room. BAD FRIENDS... BAD. NO TOUCH!!!!
Thats a bit over the top. I let my friends use my iPod. Sometimes in school I give my iPod to my friend to listen to for a while and I go somewhere else in the school.

Website
Only 4 other people besides my self have ever touched my ipod. I'm the most protective out of all my friends that have ipods. I'm convinced this is karma, but I'm trying to figure out what I have done to deserve this.

erl1054

mine was also stolen, from a department store. I left my purse there, and i guess someone went thru it and took it. the funny thing is i've had it for over a year, safely in my backpack, but as soon as i got the purse, i lost it! Anyways, so i called lost and found and it turns out someone turned it in, but inside was my lip gloss, and the iPod case...no iPod! I'm so upset, because it was so careful with it, and make sure it was safe and scratch free. My parents are pretty mad too, but luckily it was a b-day present from a relative, so no loss to them, just me.

ridgeracer450

Yeah you could

Yeah the whole thing with the serial number?
Works...
I just got mine stolen on Monday and it took 4 days for the school to say they couldn't do anything about my report.
And I had 3 eye witnesses and one hearsay. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough...
So I called Apple and all the numbers they gave me didn't work... until this last number they gave me...

1-800-275-2273

Call this number give them the serial number and tell them what happened.
They’ll tell you to tell the police and have them to call apple and they'll give them the information. And the police will get on it.
Most likely they changed the info on the nano. But... if you have the original box with the serial number on it... then your golden.

Ohh and don’t call 911 waste of time...
Go to the city police station your school is in and report it.

jaycross

so they really can track your ipod by what computer its plugged into if it gets stolen?

ridgeracer450

mjmoonwalker said:
Of course not! That would be Spyware.
yes they can
because you register the iPod on iTunes ONLINE they can track the iPod.
It's been done.
I've reported it and they tracked it. It's not a spyware, because only Apple can do it.
Have you tried getting your iPod stolen and follow the steps i posted?
if you did then you would know that [Apple could track the iPod.
and no one else

Last edited:

ridgeracer450

jaycross said:
so they really can track your ipod by what computer its plugged into if it gets stolen?
and yes they go by computer and whatever information the person who had stolen it had changed it to.
easy way to get caught.
and it's even better to know that the iPod is personalized so it sticks out even more.

l_fek

hopefully it'll turn up?

omg my iPod video was stolen this morning at school. the same exact thing happened to me. it was in my backpack and i had my digital camera and my cell phone in there, but all that was gone when i came back was my iPod. which is horrible enought. i had 800+ songs and over 50 movies/videos. and NONE of it is on my computer. so what i did is i called my local police department and filed a case. i had called apple first and they gave me some phone number to give to the police. it was like the apple security line or something. anyway, i gave it to them..and hopefully they'll track it down. you guys think it'll turn up?

the only bad part is that it took over four hours for the police to call me back so i could file my report!

wish me luck =)