iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Can you create your own folders on Ipod, to organize music
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 06:35 PM

Manthus_X
Freshman Lounger

Thats how I want them organised... but say I put a cd on like this:

Eminem - Encore

1. Curtains Up
2. Evil Deeds
3. Never Enough Feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg
4. Yellow Brick Road
5. Like Toy Soldiers
6. Mosh
7. Puke
8. My 1st Single
9. Paul (Skit)
10. Rain Man
11. Big Weenie
12. Em Calls Paul (Skit)
13. Just Lose It
14. A** Like That
15. Spend Some Time Feat. Obie Trice, Stat Quo, & 50 Cent
16. Mockingbird
17. Crazy In Love
18. One Shot 2 Shot Feat. D-12
19. Final Thought (Skit)
20. Encore Feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent

Say for all the featurings, ill use song 20 as a example: In atrist rather than it being under eminems folder it makes its own as eminem feat dr dre and 50 cent with only the one song on it. The only way to fix that is either put all my cds in compilation folder or edit the name so it doesn't have any featurings. Doing the latter means editing every cd name and I have some cds that are mostly featuring songs.... Besides that if I change the names then I don't know whos in the songs anymore... and its a lot of work to re weite the feating as part of the song title on EVERY SINGLE track I want on my iPod..

Does the program your talkign about have a way around this or is it the same as iTunes in that respect? This is the main problem im facing.

My ideal program would be as simple as windows explorer, I have all my cds on my HD orginised by artist date title then track.

(Example:
Eminem> 1996 The Slim Shady LP>all tracks
Eminem>2003 Encore> all tracks)

Thus there orginized alphibetically by artist then by release date. If I tunes allowed you to make your own "tree" format via create folder ect then it would be simple. As simple as windows explorer.

X