The Nero AAC files I have extracted have been accomplished with EAC, Nencode, tg.exe and a command line addition implemented through the EAC interface. Torok has posted a bunch of the information needed and a general "how to" here on this website. I did find that when I had iTunes installed it did not read any of the Nero encoded tagging information - bummer. This is supposedly a iTunes bug and is supposedly is being addressed.
I have been using Ephpod 2.70a and this has been the only version that has worked for me. I prefer Ephpod as it gives me control that iTunes and the other programs do not on immediate face value appear to have. I uninstalled iTunes as I was not pleased with that lack of control and lack of options - like burning CD's with CD Text enabled.
I have been battling with tags on my aac files (.m4a) all day today. I have been trying to work with foobar, to no avail but I did find some interesting additions one of which is a freedb plugin. Foobar works very quickly and can encode with the Nero encoder. It also has the fastest extraction/compression that I have seen so far. Still none of the foobar aac tagging is readable in Ephpod, so I have to manually go in and edit the tags in Ephpod. Supposedly there is some work being done to Ephpod so hopefully we will have full functionality in that arena soon.
Thanks for the info, good luck.
Last edited by firekat; 11-15-2003 at 09:40 PM.