why did you choose a shuffle over any other ipod.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

why did you choose a shuffle over other ipods?

• other ipod are too expensive

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • its less brakeable without the screen

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • you already own another ipod and jsut want a smaller, easier ipod.

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • the size

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • you just think its superior value for money

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • you jsut fell in love wuth the shuffle and dont care about other ipods

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

sqkdielf

i want to know why people chose the glorious shuffle over other ipods.

1podmini

Website
google.com
I've had both the white and black iPod Nanos, but they scratch really too easily. I bought an iPod Shuffle so that I can work out and not feel anything in my pocket. I also wanted the Shuffle to take to school and stuff and not have to worry about anything such as the screen getting screwed up.

StaplesGuy

Website
www.xanga.com
i have a 4G 20GB and a 5G 60GB (both filled to the brim)

The idea of a smaller, cheaper iPod with no screen to break appealed to me, and who can deny the superiority of flash memory?

javabird

Another reason you don't list, which was a major factor for me, was that it easily doubles as a USB flash drive for transporting files.

rsc

javabird said:
Another reason you don't list, which was a major factor for me, was that it easily doubles as a USB flash drive for transporting files.
This is very true: plus, mine cost me nothing, it was a prize in an incentive scheme. Now I can't imagine not having it (how sad is that!?)

outlander78

Lots of reasons, in no particular order:

- USB charging, no need for a cable (major plus)

- USB key functionality

- price - for its projected lifespan and durability, it seemed the best buy, and no need for a costly case

- no screen; I don't care if the case gets scratched

- I guessed correctly that shuffling plus a few podcasts at the beginning and/or end of the playlist would meet all my needs

- the 128 kb/s scaling down feature lacking from the 1 GB Nano

- it's easy to stick this in my pocket, no need for an armband or special case (so size, I guess)

If only I owned a larger iPod I could have said "all of the above".

mri6000

its my first mp3 player... the price seemed right. I didn't wanna buy the nano or a 5g just b/c I know there will be something better in no time... I dont have to worry about buying the shuffle thinking that there will be a newer version in a couple months.

jasonb13

It just seemed perfect for jogging ( which I've just taken up with an eye on the marathon ). Pretty cheap for 1Gb, nothing too fancy, really small and light, sturdy, and it looks good!

J.

genglish

My Workout Machine

I use my Shuffle solely as my pod during my workouts -- it stays in my exercise bag other than when I'm charging. Of course, now I'm having the problem many others are having (not recognized, not charging, nothing happening when connected), so my usage pattern may soon change :(

derring do

Because I'm an ipod addict, and should never be allowed near an Apple store with a credit card! Help me!! :)

asian_love1987

ipod shuffle = shlt

the only reason i got shuffle is that it was given to me as a gift, otherwise i will neva buy it!!!

frisk291

I have a 4th gen 20 gig iPod but I found it was kinda big to take to the gym and I started hearing things about constant movement breaking the hard drive and stuff like that. So I decided to get a shuffle to work out with because it weighs nearly nothing and is really durable so I don't have to worry about it getting messed up at the gym.

Welsh

Bloop!
Website
www.myspace.com
Im going to say this first; I don't own a shuffle.

The only reason I would get a shuffle is because one, it's cheap, and if it gets stolen, i'd be less angry than I would have if I had a video stolen; and two, it would be good to have at the gym, so I wouldn't damage anything.

I don't plan to get a shuffle because one, I don't take my iPod out of my house often andway; and two, I don't go to the gym often. ;) Just kidding.

I wan't one, but don't want too pay for one.

moe_4eva

Personally, I chose the shuffle because the flash-based players hold up so much better with regards to exercising. That, and I got it for $45 from someone on the forums for the 1gig model, so the price couldn't be beat... :D

wwarthog

It was free

I got mine free as a promotion for joining audible.com

It was my third iPod and I really like it a lot. Perfect size for working around the house with. I also don't have to worry about it getting bunged up.

~tl

I already had a full size iPod (3G, 40GB) and wanted something small and light, that I could shove in my pocket/bag and not worry about. If I'm going away for a while I can take my full size iPod and have access to my entire collection, but for going to school/work etc 120 songs is plenty.

TOM

Scotto

Shuffles are perfect for Podcasts

I originally bought a MPIO piece of junk mp3 player a few years ago before I upgraded to XP and didn't think an iPod could handle Windows ME. After I upgraded to XP a year ago I immediately downloaded and installed iTunes to see what the fuss was about. I loved it at first sight. I mostly used MusicMatch before and really didn't like it much, but it was the best of the non-iTunes bunch. I find iTunes to be the best all around music libray manager I've ever used. It's just so easy and fun to use.

I really couldn't afford to buy an iPod just yet - I almost bought a Mini, but finally when the POJ MPIO battery door broke (cheap and ugly construction) and I immediately went out and bought a 1g shuffle for $99 (The price had just dropped).

I loved it. I don't miss the screen much since I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts. Especially podcasts. I'm really addicted to those things and have to have my daily dose of Richard Vobes and Adam Curry.

With the shuffle, I have a small rugged player I can tuck into my shirt pocket and have with me all the time - in the office, around the house, doing yardwork, walking, ect. Listening mostly to podcasts which range from 30 to 60 minutes, I only have 30 to 40 loaded at one time and don't need a screen to jump around. In fact, my screen needs are satisfied by a KISS simple low-tech method - I print the playlist, fold it into quarters and tuck it in my back pocket.

Two months ago I got a bonus at work and decided to spring for a 4g Nano. I still wanted something that would fit into my shirt pocket and I didn't trust a hard-drive based player to be rugged enough for my on-the-go needs. I like the Nano, and use it mostly for listening to music, but I have to tell you - the Nano sits mostly on my bedstand and I use the Shuffle 90% of the time. I love the fact that I can operate the controls by feel without having to pull it out of my pocket to check the screen.

Now the question is when to buy another Shuffle for music and keep the original for podcasts.

Last edited:

Laer

For the price, the 512mb Shuffle is as close as you can get to a "disposable" iPod. So I got one to use during riskier activities, instead of using my 20gb 4th gen iPod. If it gets dropped/scratched/lost/stolen/sat-upon, it won't break my heart (or wallet) as much to replace it as would replacing its bigger counterpart!

V

VT17

I originally wanted a Nano but after looking at prices decided that the Shuffle was more in my range. I'd be too worried about the screen getting scratched to ever enjoy it.