Available cases and overlays for 5G iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

onlydarksets

Kcrash5 said:
I went to the macally website, can you buy the clear overlay from their site or where do you get it? Cause I couldn't figure out how to order it.
What's wrong with the big red button that says "Buy Now"?

larkbird

Re: Available cases and overlays for 5G 30GB iPod

onlydarksets said:
Neoprene (Does anyone really care?)

Thanks!

I just bought the XtremeMac Microglove, which is a neoprene/microsuede case, and actually in this case (it is soft neoprene, not that irritating stuff that attracts lint and feels strange) the material really works. Read my review in the forums!

BJB4735

are any of the silicon cases unsticky like the past evo skins for the mini and 3rd gen? they attraced lint sooo much.

andy.b.c!

HI,
Can any of you suggest a good skin with a belt clip on it - I need this option for the gym. I like the look of the Iskin, but am concerned re comments the belt clip is iffy,

cheers for any help

andy

Tourmaline

Hi

Thankyou so much for this, I found the list of manufacturers REALLY helpful!
I've just got my 30Gb video and want a case, I've got a Belkin and it was a waste of money in my opinion, the pod fell out 'cos the sticker inside didn't stick!!
I really want the red Piel Frama leather case.
Can I ask which one did you eventually choose?
Thanks
Tourmaline

onlydarksets

Tourmaline said:
Hi

Thankyou so much for this, I found the list of manufacturers REALLY helpful!
I've just got my 30Gb video and want a case, I've got a Belkin and it was a waste of money in my opinion, the pod fell out 'cos the sticker inside didn't stick!!
I really want the red Piel Frama leather case.
Can I ask which one did you eventually choose?
Thanks
Tourmaline
No problem - there are too many options out there, so this helped me get a handle on what I could choose from. I wound up going with the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal overlay. It's very clear, but there are a few bubbles I can't get out. Nothing over the screen though, so I'm not complaining!

kaufman

anyone with the isee for the 5g 60gb. i have one and to my frustration cannot use the itrip i bought at the same time with it. the hole isn't wide enough to accomodate the itrip. other than slicing the bottom off any sugestions? thanks.

pyroboy145

TO those of you who got the BoxWave and were having problems with bubbles did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the page? I know I have the BoxWave Screen Protector for my iPod and is godly.

onlydarksets

pyroboy145 said:
TO those of you who got the BoxWave and were having problems with bubbles did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the page? I know I have the BoxWave Screen Protector for my iPod and is godly.
I don't recall - can you give me a general idea of what the instructions were? Thanks!

blackstar

What?

All edges around my ipod and the wheel with my boxwave cleartouch have airbubbles.

Not to mention the protector becomes yellow and purple under certain lighting conditions.

Godly? I think not.

pobodysnerfect

pyroboy145 said:
I would have to disagree. I just got mine and not only are there millions of bubbles (yes I followed the instructions) but even worse is they put stickers on the protecting layer itself that DO NOT peel off without leaving a sticky residue. I had to soak mine in hot water and wash them before I could even put them on.

And they aren't as clear as they claim. I will be looking elsewhere.

RobyC

Hey, I might be missing something but how come nobody has mentioned material (cotton etc.) covers, I love them! The sock is the most obvious (apple.com) of course and the ipod hoodie (icraze.co.uk) are 2 that I know of… are there any more? or are they hated for some reason and hence they have not been mentioned? :confused:

onlydarksets

Updated.

Since I invariably delete or modify posts by accident, I'm saving a "snapshot" of the first post here:

I am trying to get a feel for my options, and, thus far, have found the following options. Am I missing any good options? I am going to go by the Apple store tonight to see what they carry in stock. I might just pick something up to get it done with.

Screen Overlays
Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal (I got this one - very clear, but it does have a few bubbles that won't come out)
Martin Fields
Trendy Geek Trendy Shields
Best Skins Ever
InvisibleSHIELD
Power Support film
TuneFilm 5G
Macally also makes a clear overlay
Brando

Lightweight Silicone Cases
zCover
iSkin Evo3
Speck SkinTight
iCandy Silicone Case
Speck Skin Tight
AXShop Lightweight Silicone Case
Power Support Silicone Jacket
IceWear 5G

Heavy Duty Silicone Cases
Speck Toughskin

Hard Plastic Cases
Agent 18
Contour iSee
XtremeMac MicroShield
Speck See-Thru
AXShop Hard Plastic Case
Power Support

Aluminum Cases
AXShop Aluminum Case
Core Cases
Matias iPod Armor

Leather Cases
Case-ari
Capdase
Senacases Less protective, no removable belt clip.
DLO Cool design
Noreve Classy
Piel Frama Classy
Knomobags Really slick and trendy leather case
Orbino
Vaja cases
a.b. sutton
Prie Ambassador

Waterproof Cases
H2O Audio

Soft (i.e., cotton) Cases
Sock
iPod Hoodie

Neoprene (Does anyone really care?)
http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Marware.woa/6/wa/selectedCategory?catalogCatID=165&wosid=wbABZZ320P42aNxR3wFfcg

Thanks!