I forgot my Screen Lock combination...HELP!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
Okay, so I am wanting to change my Screen Lock Combination (under Extras>Screen Lock>Change Combination) but I can't remember what my old one was before...Does anyone know anything that I can do?

Thank ya much.

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
I know that, but I want to change the combination...not unlock it. It is already unlocked anyways...I just want to change the little "code" deal on my iPod...

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
Ooh, then just set a new combination than under what you just said, Extras>Screen Lock>Set Combination

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
AHHHHHHH said:
Ooh, then just set a new combination than under what you just said, Extras>Screen Lock>Set Combination
Yes, I tryed that and it said that I had to enter my old combination in order to set a new one...and the problem is that I don't remember my old combination...

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
SpinTheWheel23 said:
Yes, I tryed that and it said that I had to enter my old combination in order to set a new one...and the problem is that I don't remember my old combination...
OoOo i see...

wldkt619

This may sound drastic, but restoring the iPod with the Updater does the trick, I restored mine for another reason and my code was gone. Good Luck!

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
SpinTheWheel23 said:
I'm pretty ######ed, so I don't know what you mean when you say "restoring" your ipod?
Restoring your ipod means the ipod will go back to the 'factory settings', ie everything will be erased and it will be like you bought it brand new

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
Anybody know how to get back to the 'set combination' screen. instead of 'change combination' and 'turn screen lock on', the things annoying me >.>;;

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Someone posted once that you could turn on hidden folders and find the lock folder that kept the important information and change/delete it... I can't find that particular post to save my life though. Will keep looking.

It defeats the purpose of a combination lock if it's easy to change while not knowing it.

Hmm. Well found the old thing I remembered: http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118446&highlight=combination+lock

however, it seems to just be a way to tell it to unlock, not sure if it will then allow you to change the code without inputing the old one first.

ahmedh

Narcoleptic Lounger
Website
www.mrmojorising.co.nr
downgrade firmware with ipod wizard (http://www.ipodwizard.net). run updater. update, dont restore, this will keep your music on and reset your screenlock.

to use ipodwizard, open up the .exe, plug in ipod, and click downgrade firmware

go to prog. files/ipod/ipod updater (random date)/click exe and update.

tadaa!

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
K so this is what one of those links showed:

# Mount the nano (plug it in)
# Navigate to X:\iPod_Control\Device\ (where X is the drive letter of the iPod)
# Find the file called "_locked" and open it with Notepad or TextEdit
# There's your code.
# OR... rename the file to _unlocked
# Close Textedit/Notepad, and eject iPod from computer

Now my question is what is the 'X:/' supposed to be on a windows?

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
K well I searched both my computers hardrive as well as my iPods and none of them say iPod_Control anywhere...:S I'm real confused.

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
click on the ipod hard drive, go to the tools menu>folder options>view, and then click show hidden files and folders

or

Start menu>search, and search in your ipod hardrive

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
Oh yay! Thanks to all whom helped me! I finally got it figured out!!! :) My Screen Lock was something like 3092, which has no significance whatsoever to me! Haha, well wow...Now I have it set to a more *better* code which I can remember now.

This procedure really does work, and thanks to AHHHHH for telling me how to view hidden files. :)

# Mount the nano (plug it in)
# Navigate to X:\iPod_Control\Device\ (where X is the drive letter of the iPod)
# Find the file called "_locked" and open it with Notepad or TextEdit
# There's your code.
# OR... rename the file to _unlocked
# Close Textedit/Notepad, and eject iPod from computer