Available cases and overlays for 5G iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

onlydarksets

Available cases and overlays for 5G 30GB iPod

I am trying to get a feel for my options, and, thus far, have found the following options. Am I missing any good options? I am going to go by the Apple store tonight to see what they carry in stock. I might just pick something up to get it done with.

Screen Overlays
Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal (I got this one - very clear, but it does have a few bubbles that won't come out)
Martin Fields
Trendy Geek Trendy Shields
Best Skins Ever
InvisibleSHIELD
Power Support film
TuneFilm 5G
Macally also makes a clear overlay
Brando
invisiArmor

Lightweight Silicone Cases
zCover
iSkin Evo3
Speck SkinTight
iCandy Silicone Case
Speck Skin Tight
AXShop Lightweight Silicone Case
Power Support Silicone Jacket
IceWear 5G

Heavy Duty Silicone Cases
Speck Toughskin

Hard Plastic Cases
Agent 18
Contour iSee
XtremeMac MicroShield
Speck See-Thru
AXShop Hard Plastic Case
Power Support
iVak

Aluminum Cases
PodsPlus Aluminum V2
AXShop Aluminum Case
Core Cases
Matias iPod Armor
ITECTOR

Leather Cases
Case-ari
Capdase
Senacases Less protective, no removable belt clip.
DLO Cool design
Noreve Classy
Piel Frama Classy
Knomobags Really slick and trendy leather case
Orbino
Vaja cases
a.b. sutton
Prie Ambassador

Waterproof Cases
H2O Audio
OtterBox

Soft (i.e., cotton) Cases
Sock
iPod Hoodie

Neoprene (Does anyone really care?)
http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Marware.woa/6/wa/selectedCategory?catalogCatID=165&wosid=wbABZZ320P42aNxR3wFfcg

Thanks!

Last edited:

IsLNdbOi

BoxWave has some good overlays / film for iPods as well. Their overlays are highly regarded in the Treo community. I personally have the Crystal Clear protector on my Treo 650 and I can't tell it's there most of the time.

They also make installation of their overlays a breeze. While some overlays are hard to remove from their backing and usually have you ending up peeling them off the backing with your oily finger, the BoxWaves have a clear protector over the overlay that helps in positioning the overlay. The clear protector over the overlay has a small plastic tab attached to it so you can hold that while positioning the overlay. Once you have placed the overlay in the right spot, you place it on the spot and the protector on the overlay can be pulled off by pulling on the small plastic tab.

Last edited:

onlydarksets

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up a silicone case last night at the Apple store, but I'm not thrilled with it. I can't remember the name of it, but it's not one of the ones on the list above. I don't like the feel, and the screen protector is distracting. I think I'm going to go with an overlay and maybe a nice leather case for when I travel.

skwannabe

I like ramen and my ipod
DONT GET CONTOUR ISEE, SCRATCHES WAY TO EASILY AND MESSES UP HOW THE IMAGES COME UP!!!!! DAMN YOU. Evo3 attract lint and dust so you have to clean it everday if its in your pocket and the belt clip isnt strong. one good thing about isee belt strong STRONG like me!

blackstar

Boxwave iPod protectors aren't too great. Plenty of unmovable air bubbles around the edges, even after multiple applications

onlydarksets

blackstar said:
Boxwave iPod protectors aren't too great. Plenty of unmovable air bubbles around the edges, even after multiple applications
OK - so it's not just me. I got the Boxwave and I am having that problem.

cheerios

Don't forget

Core Case (Sliding Aluminum Case with Neoprene inside. There is also a screen protector inbetween the aluminum and neoprene that doesn't touch the ipod)
http://www.corecases.com/store/home.php

The 5G cases aren't up get but they will be soon. They have some black ones for the 30gb if you email them you can probably order one now.

Q16

a.b. sutton

Leather cases at a.b. sutton:

absutton.com/ip_5g.htm