Do most headphones work with the IPOD?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Goskins

I noticed that the headphones that come with the IPOD don't work with my computer speakers, but can I buy headphones at the store and use them on my IPOD?

The headphones that come with the IPOD are great for jogging and exercising, but if I want to jam out hardcore, I want good quality headphones. Won't this make the sound quality better? Is this even possible to do with Apple IPOD?

pinkcamel

its the same headphoen jack plug that you would find on any other headphone..................

i havent seen any headphones with a DIFFERENT plug

Goskins

that's weird, my ipod headphones really do not plug into my JBL speakers :(

DJ LUCiTE

*Not really a DJ
Website
www.xanga.com
Pretty much any headphone that physically fits in the iPod's headphone jack will work...even speakers...and minijack -> RCA cables...

I can't think of a case where it would fit and not work unless it's some insane headphone that needs an amp or something...

etherealbeats

Yes you can drastically improve sound quality on the iPod with different headphones:

Ive been using The ER-4P in-ear headphones from a company called Etymotic, who also make hearing aids for deaf people. I've been using these for a couple of years now, they are $330 from Etymotic but can be found for as little as $190 if you search. There are three models, the ER-4P, ER-4S, ER-4B models. The ER-4P model that I use are for portable use (iPods etc) as they have a lower impedence:

etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx

If you can't face spending that much for pristine, well balanced sound quality with well defined, warm bass and amazing treble, try the ER-4's baby brother, the ER-6i's, they are $149 and are designed specifically for the iPod but they can be found for as little as $80, they offer good bass and seperation, but the sound is not quite as well balanced and clear as with the ER-4's:

etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

iLounge have reviews on these headphones, although the ER-4 review is a little short.

Goskins

its just real wierd, Im talking about my 5G 30 GB Ipod headphones, don't plug into my speakers, weiiiirdd.