• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
K

Kolobs

hello im new

Hi im karlo bobson, friends call me "kolobs" im 30 yrs old :)

wicker_man

METAL!!!
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi, I am a 16 year old student in the Midlands, UK.

I have not got an iPod yet (hopefully getting one for Christmas), but I have a growing music collection in iTunes!

I like metal music, my favourite bands are Iron Maiden, 3 Inches of Blood and Fear Factory. I also play the guitar and am in a band.

robster

New to the iLounge..Hello

Hello-I'm New to this board. Much more active than the Creative Zen forum..
I just got a iPod 5G 30GB Video black for Christmas,I love it!! I had a Creative Zen Micro 6GB for a few days and took it back and exchanged it for the iPod.
I like the iPod better,easier to use,itunes is great,etc. etc. I'm using my ipod in the car hooked up w/monster cable RCA interconnect and on daily walks with our dogs. Using Shure e4C earphones and Grado 60.

Is an battery powered amp necessary for the iPod when in the car and on walks? Does it sound that much better with the earphone amp?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL..

CHeers,
Robert

Sleeper

Hello. Im new on the forums here, seems pretty tight here. Not that much flaming or anything like that. Its chill. Im glad to be here.

thesire

If your talking about an amp on the headphones like ones used in noise cancelling headphones, you dont really need it, unless of course you want to isolate the noise. i find your generally better off simply turning up the volume.

PS for future reference try putting you thread in the appropriate forum. I bilieve this one would go in the iPod forum.

D

Dinner

Another 1

Hi all

New to posting but not really to the site. First found my way here some time in '04 after I got my first 4th gen ipod and became somewhat of a frequent visitor when my ipod decided to die on me :)().

But I was a very good boy and Santy brought me a shiny new 5th gen video ipod. Came here to find out how in Gods name you actually get vids on it and havent left since.

I'll see ye around the forum I guess. :)

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Welcome to the iLounge forums Robert!

Is an amp necessary? An amp is never necessary, and the same goes with an amp with an iPod, but if you like to have better sound quality, then do use an amp!

Hope you enjoy using iLounge forums!

And thesire, for future reference, don't say something unless you know what you're talking about. this is in the correct forum. It's mainly an 'Introduce Yourself' thread, and, I do believe they go here.

S

steveqpr

Another Newbie reportin'

Got fed up to the back teeth with my Creative Zen Touch - no customer support, very few add ons and that bloody touch sensitive strip thingy used to move even if I gave it a dirty look.

Looking forward to being a click wheel kiddy as opposed to a touch sensitive tosser.

I'm impatiently awaiting delivery of a 30gb black ipod - the only drawback is that I've got over 400 cd's formatted in .wma so it looks like I'm gonna have to rip them all over again :eek:

melsmusic

steveqpr said:
Another Newbie reportin'

Got fed up to the back teeth with my Creative Zen Touch - no customer support, very few add ons and that bloody touch sensitive strip thingy used to move even if I gave it a dirty look.

Looking forward to being a click wheel kiddy as opposed to a touch sensitive tosser.

I'm impatiently awaiting delivery of a 30gb black ipod - the only drawback is that I've got over 400 cd's formatted in .wma so it looks like I'm gonna have to rip them all over again :eek:
Welcome steveqpr. If your WMA files are from ripped CD's (unprotected I hope) ... then you can just import them into iTunes. No need to rip again. The only problems will be if you did click protection in Windows Media Player or DL'd WMA protected files.

S

steveqpr

Hi mel,

Thanks very much for the welcome.

Trust me, I'm old skool - although I can just about get to grips with mp3's, wma's, etc I still like to have the CD (or vinyl!) that relates to the music I'm buying. Consequently all my tracks are bought and paid for ;)

I knew about the import facility but I assumed (rightly or wrongly) that I'd lose some of the sound quality of the music if the files were reformatted.

Thankyou very much for the tip - I'll give it a go.

steveqpr

melsmusic

Hmm, maybe you would lose quality. I'm not sure about that.

Maybe rip away. :p

Better to start before your ipod arrives if you can as you will want something in there when it arrives. Have fun !!

kevmakara

The Tie-Dye Alchemist
Ya, Mel pretty much summed it up there. Test out a few tracks trying to import them now. If you did rip them protected, then get to ripping them into iTunes from CD's. In the month leading up to my first iPod, I spent hours ripping all my tracks into iTunes. It's a great program and surprisingly fun.
C'ya

Squirrel007

Website
www.freewebs.com
Hi im new here

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I just turned thirteen today and got an ipod for christmas. I love this thing, it is a black 5th gen ipod with 30 gigs. Im glad I dont need to use my psp for videos and music anymore. I have sony mdr-ex51lp headphones and just ordered a green evo 3 skin for my ipod.

Anyways I hope to have some great discussions on these forums!

SpinTheWheel23

LaugH-AholiC
Welcome there, fellow. I thought that they had a special section for introductions on this forum! None the less welcome, and congrads for getting an iPod! I am already jealous of you since you are getting an eVo3 skin! Hehe...

Paoii

Welcome!

I'm hoping to buy a red iSkin for my black iPod.

Hope to speak to you soon.

McGRP01

Hola' all! :D

My name is Tigg. 33 years old from Upstate, NY and just got my first iPod for Xmas (2GB Nano). I've spent a couple days now searching this site for all kinds of info., and it has proved invaluable! I've already gotten a case and new headphones based on all the info. people have provided. :)

See ya' around!

-T

330CiC

McGRP01 said:
Hola' all! :D

My name is Tigg. 33 years old from Upstate, NY and just got my first iPod for Xmas (2GB Nano). I've spent a couple days now searching this site for all kinds of info., and it has proved invaluable! I've already gotten a case and new headphones based on all the info. people have provided. :)

See ya' around!

-T
Welcome - from an ex-Buffao/Rochester/Poughkeepsie resident!