Stuck in Diagnostic Test

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chialo

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I accidently entered into the diagnostic test after having my ipod 5G in my pocket. It ran the first few tests fine but when I got to the Accessorize Test, it completely froze up. The screen now reads:

Accessorize Test

Please plug FW
LCD ID : 1
FWPWR: 0

I've tried just about anything to get it "un-frozen", which includes resetting, plugging into my computer (it doesn't show up btw), but nothing is happening.

My backlight is on, so I figure sooner or later the battery will die out and maybe I'll have a chance at resetting it.

Any solutions on how to get out?

rootdown42

Same problem

I have the same type of problem. My iPod is currently not booting, instead only displaying the Apple logo over and over. Rebooting does nothing to fix this problem, so I tried to put it into Diagnostic mode and maybe then get iTunes to even recognize the iPod again. While going through the tests, I get stuck on Accessorize Test. I've unplugged the FW/USB connector, but it still doesn't do anything to move past this test. If I reboot to get off of the Accessorize Test I go back to the original problem. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. Thnx.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
rootdown42 said:
I have the same type of problem. My iPod is currently not booting, instead only displaying the Apple logo over and over. Rebooting does nothing to fix this problem, so I tried to put it into Diagnostic mode and maybe then get iTunes to even recognize the iPod again. While going through the tests, I get stuck on Accessorize Test. I've unplugged the FW/USB connector, but it still doesn't do anything to move past this test. If I reboot to get off of the Accessorize Test I go back to the original problem. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. Thnx.
For your issue, reboot, but this time put the iPod into forced disk mode (select/play). Connect to your computer. You will likely need to restore the iPod: See This article for more information on only showing the apple logo.

For the OP, if you can not reset to get out of the diagnostic mode, I'm not sure what to tell you.... Old thread for the Op, must have had the battery die by now...

Good luck.

pearlybear

I had the same problem. Solved it by pressing menu and centre for 10 seconds. That restored it to normal and got my ipod to connect again with iTunes. Hope this helps you too.

Lady

Pearlybear
You saved the day .... Thank you for your input it worked for me also

Thank you sooooooo much <3

kylo4

Is this safe to do on the iPod? Is it like disc utility for the Mac? I read you could find out bad sectors using that method. Does it affect the files at all or wear the drive down?