Podcasting Directory

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

podcasting stat

Website
www.podcasting-station.com
Podcasting Station is a new podcasting directory and search engine. Web visitors can optionally search for individual podcasts based on keywords. All listings are categorized making it easier for users to find a collection of podcasts on specific topics.

Submission is free, simply select the appropriate category and podcasts will appear in the directory within 24 hours.

http://www.podcasting-station.com

robert

Retired
iTunes 4.9 provides access to what seems to be sort of a Podcast directory.
It appeared only after I tried a podcast AAC conversion in import preferences. New iTunes listing for Podcasts and highlighting and clicking on podcast directory in lower left corner gave Podcast window in the iTunes store.

Apple says this

Sync to It
Once all your podcasts arrive in iTunes, sync them to any iPod and listen to your favorite shows anywhere. If you have a Click Wheel iPod, your podcasts appear in their own menu, right alongside your music and audiobooks. And don’t worry about losing your place: If the podcast you download comes with bookmarks, you can zip around within it on any click wheel iPod, just as you would with an audiobook.
Looks to me like any bookmarkable podcasts come from audible.com.

stark23x

Website
www.right-thoughts.us
robert said:
Looks to me like any bookmarkable podcasts come from audible.com. [/B]
Not true at all. Bookmarks work in ANY file downloaded through the iTunes Podcast interface on a clickwheel iPod. Bookmarkable AAC files work on any iPod. What you're looking at technically shouldn't have been called bookmarkable by Apple, because it refers to podcasts with chapters, which are AAC-formatted files that are merged with XML and jpeg data to create the show.

None of this has anything to do with Audible.

spacemonkey

Website
imao.us
The IMAO podcast is really good. Funny sketch comedy.

Its has music on sketch intros and outros from alaacho.com. pretty cool.

The program is Part NPR/Part Monty Python all funny.

jbischke

Website
www.learnoutloud.com
I would put in a strong vote for Loomia. I like what they are doing with tagging and a recommendation engine similar to Netflix (the more podcasts you rate the better recommendations you get).

Odeo's directory is cool too. It's very comprehensive and they've done a good job keeping the site really clean.

I'll put in a quick plug for ours too. It's a bit of a niche directory (educational and self-development podcasts) but we've put a ton of time into screening the podcasts in an attempt to avoid the free-for-all nature of some of the other directories.

I hope this helps!

ryanirelan

Website
www.podcastfreeamerica.com
Other directories/tools

There are also some other directories/communities for podcasting: Odeo, Podomatic and ClickCaster. They all have a community built around them, which is nice for discovering new podcasts.

It won't let me post a URL, but you can click on the www icon and find the article.

-Ryan

TheFly

Website
www.nogagreflex.com
Whoah. I never noticed that myself. I don't listen to Mr. Curry any more and only update the node when I discover a podcast or someone e-mails me with one.

Call me an "independant" contactor. Non-paid, of course. hah

diggal

Website
www.digtrends.com
PodZinger- Podcast Search Engine

here is another resource for finding podcasts.

PodZinger.com

Unlike other directories, PodZinger uses speech to text technology that converts podcasts to text and then makes that text searchable with keywords.

You can also search within individual podcasts.

diggal

Website
www.digtrends.com
diggal said:
here is another resource for finding podcasts.

PodZinger.com

Unlike other directories, PodZinger uses speech to text technology that converts podcasts to text and then makes that text searchable with keywords.

You can also search within individual podcasts.
I want to update my post and add that PodZinger now has video and spanish search.

Check it out to see if you can search within your fav podcast.

dhcolman

Collections of Cultural/Educational podcasts on iTunes

Just as an fyi, I have put together directories of cultural/educational podcasts. Here is the link.

http://www.oculture.com/weblog/2006/12/smart_itunes_re.html

You can find here three things.

1) A collection of excellent cultural programs on iTunes.
2) A collection of university lectures and courses on iTunes.
3) A collection of foreign language lessons on iTunes.

All of the content is free. Enjoy.

djones18

Thanks for the excellent link. I've just added 2gigs of podcasts from your recommendations. I wasn't aware of all these great podcast sites...thanks again!!:)

podcastuser7

podcasting stat said:
Podcasting Station is a new podcasting directory and search engine. Web visitors can optionally search for individual podcasts based on keywords. All listings are categorized making it easier for users to find a collection of podcasts on specific topics.

Submission is free, simply select the appropriate category and podcasts will appear in the directory within 24 hours.

http://www.podcasting-station.com

Cool page podcasting-station.com you might also check www.speecha.com the geo feature is very cool und unique!