Show Voltage?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

M. le Pod

Just reading through the 101 iTunes Tips in the Free iPod Book (extremely helpful BTW, I'm relatively an iPod/iTunes newb and just today I learned a ton about how to make the most of iTunes, but I digress) and on page 118 there is a tip about how to show the actual voltage of the battery rather than the little battery icon indicator. I have a 2G iPod mini 4GB silver, and I tried following the instructions on my computer but could not for the life of me find "iPod_Control" among my hidden file like the tip told me to. Then I looked and saw that the title of the tip says "black-and-white iPods"...my mini is obviously B&W but I assume now that specifying "B&W" only applies to full-sized iPods now? Or am I wrong and I'm just not finding that dang hidden file?

Bottom line: Can you show the voltage on a mini, or only on a full-sized iPod? Help is greatly appreciated.

M. le Pod

I suppose so. But has anyone actually tried this with a mini? I think it's a great idea and I would love to know if there was some crazy way to do it...

DevilMayCry

it worked on mini
mine is a 2g
make a file "_Show_Voltage"
delete the extension and put it in the
a folder call "device"
it should be inside the iPod_Control folder

M. le Pod

DevilMayCry said:
it worked on mini
mine is a 2g
make a file "_Show_Voltage"
delete the extension and put it in the
a folder call "device"
it should be inside the iPod_Control folder
Where exactly did you find the iPod_Control folder? I followed the directions in the Free iPod Book and it told me to look for that, making sure that all the hidden folders were visible, and still I couldn't find a folder among the iPod folders that was named "iPod_Control".

wilberfan

This stopped working with 1.4.1?

I had this tweak enabled...but it stopped working with 1.4.1.

Any ideas why? Anyone else having this issue?

Jake1234

Banned
theres a way to run a diagnostic mode on all ipods, try googling it. it may answer your question.