• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stuart_AUST

Diagnosis: podsession
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm posting this from my uncool school :(

It's good to see some nice peoples still around!

Hope to talk to you more sometime in the near future

Stuart

booftermatt

Ipod 133tzor
Lol yeah thats where i send most of my quotes from, my totally cool school. Let me listen to ipod tho, teachers say it keeps my quiet:D

Provboy

Welcome to the lounge guys, too bad you just missed baggss and Verita' -- very entertaining :D

ZooStation

melsmusic said:
Hey there. Welcome fellow aussie.

There is a lack of accessories in Brisbane too.

Try megamart stores (Myers) if you have any of those or I have some good sites (aussie sites).

Hardly Normal seems to stock the biggest range here.

Catchya.
Yep, Hardly Normal is probably one of the biggest stockist of Ipod accessories. There is also a store at Bondi Junction that has quite a collection of accessories for all sorts of things including the Ipod.

Myer is ok as well as is your local Apple Store.

What Australia is missing is the lack of Itunes Music store.. only have NineMSN or Bigpond, both of which are in protected WMA. Which means you lose a lot of audio quality burning to cd and then ripping into Itunes.

ZooStation

yinyang said:
you can tell the aussies...they come to a forum about iPods, and talk about cricket, actually losing to england in the cricket :D
yeah let's not talk about last night's England innings of 5 for a lot. 7 dropped catches and a bowled off a no ball is just not good enough.

ZooStation

booftermatt said:
Yeah but if kaspowitz hadnt rolled a ball under mgraths foot before the match. Glenn would have been in at number 11 and woulda won it for the aussies, he is the second highest scoring number 11 of all time only to courtney walsh. I have suspicions that michael kaspowitz is acutally a pom.
Kasper.. can't bat.. can't bowl..

melsmusic

Well see that's when I dropped out of this thread - when the cricket talk started :D

I'm a chick - who can blame me?

I too am frustrated at protected WMA and the loss of quality by the whole ripping process. Bring on itunes.

There is also www.sanity.com.au (go to downloads) but it's the same format. They do have some artists that aren't available on the other 2 though.

As for on-line stores these guys have a big range although I have not dealt with them

http://www.streetwise.com.au/

http://www.macmall.com.au/mall/customer/home.php

kevmakara

The Tie-Dye Alchemist
Monstrous Hello.

He. I've noticed everyone else welcoming each person who introduces themselves here. I'm too lazy for that so this is intended for all past and future new iLlounge members:

Welcome to iLounge!!!

As for your questions concerning bagss and Verita`, well, it's probably best that you never meet either one of them, but if you must know:

Try searching through their more recent posts--

Here is bagss':
http://forums.ilounge.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2281542

And Vertita`s:
http://forums.ilounge.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2281545

It was pretty good in those last few topics. They'll probably be back in a few weeks (I guess that's how long a suspensin lasts), the you'll get the full experience.

kevmakara

The Tie-Dye Alchemist
Didja follow the links I gave you? They lead you right to their most recent posts. Just look through them.