• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
The ire of the crowd at the USA Grand Prix has resulted in full beercans and bottles being thrown onto the track by the crowds at Indianapolis.
OK, so the field has been cut to 6 cars due to the failure of Michelin to provide tyres for the teams not using Bridgestone as a result of safet concerns about the integrity of the Michelins. So it is a token "race", and the crowd is right to feel disappointed and even angry at the failure of the F1 teams to find some solution to this farce.
But throwing objects onto the track with cars doing 200+ mph and race marshalls having to risk their lives to retrieve these missiles is absolutely crazy.....

neb

They should pull the plug on the whole event. It's now a farce, and the results should not contribute to the Championship. If they do, then I'll be over in my Citroen to win some money and points.

Pghmyn

That's sad. I hate when people do such moronic things as this. In my opinion, throwing a beer can/bottle at anyone is stupid and childish.

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
6 Teams didn't race because of a possible safety issue, but stewards have to run out onto the middle of a racing track to pick up bottles thrown is ridiculous!

Personally I feel the FIA is to blame, OK Michelin provided faulty tyres, but solutions were available and nothing happened, I feel for the fans who were there, spent a lot of money to go, to get there, their tickets, the time, and to see what!

The way the grid was full at the start, then after the parade lap there were just 6 cars, a complete farse!

Jackonicko

Retired
What do you expect from a nation whose moronic sports fans have been fed easy-to-digest pap for decades? They don't like Soccer, they were never going to like proper motor racing either - especially after the tyre controversy.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Give me a proper motor race over NASCAR and F1 anyday. They don't even have corners do they and nobody overtakes in F1 anymore anyway ?

Been watching Moto GP this past few seasons and that is fast becoming my favourite type of race to watch.

Last edited:

whymillywhy

Almost Jesus
I consider NASCAR a more of a race than F1, NASCAR is STOCK cars, like off the assembly line, but with modifications for SAFETY pretty much only.. F1 is just hyped up cars, even though it is a circle, it still is better than F1, and I have watched them both, I think they are both boring but... I'd take NASCAR over F1 anyday

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
Jacko,

Thanks for using "Soccer" so us "dim witted Yanks" could understand you. And this comment coming from a man who most likely likes cricket, the game that makes baseball look "speedy".

So some rednecks threw a few beers on the track. Nobody died unlike at most "Soccer" matches I hear about in the evening news.

Baggss, were you in Indiana recently?

Jackonicko

Retired
Every nation has intelligent AND moronic sports fans, my own included.

The moronic tendency were (evidently) out in force for the US Grand Prix. Only a moron would throw anything onto the track. They are clearly the sort of people who feel short changed by the Grand Prix, and who would feel equally short changed by soccer, or anything that requires a tiny bit of intelligence, staying power and effort to appreciate. There are millions of Yanks who enjoy soccer, tennis, golf, and other intelligent sports, but others enjoy WWF, American Football and Indy racing......

I'm not a cricket fan at all, but I can see that slow but skillful may have more to offer than the merely fast moving, both to the player and to the intelligent spectator.

funnyperson1

Website
filebox.vt.edu
Jackonicko said:
Every nation has intelligent AND moronic sports fans, my own included.

The moronic tendency were (evidently) out in force for the US Grand Prix. Only a moron would throw anything onto the track. They are clearly the sort of people who feel short changed by the Grand Prix, and who would feel equally short changed by soccer, or anything that requires a tiny bit of intelligence, staying power and effort to appreciate. There are millions of Yanks who enjoy soccer, tennis, golf, and other intelligent sports, but others enjoy WWF, American Football and Indy racing......

I'm not a cricket fan at all, but I can see that slow but skillful may have more to offer than the merely fast moving, both to the player and to the intelligent spectator.
Classifying American Football as a non-intelligent sport shows your ignorance of the matter. There is far more strategy involved in American football than in soccer, tennis, or golf.

Although I will agree with you about the target audience of indy racing and nascar in the US.

will1087

Yummy Yummy
Far more? Lets not kid ourselves, they are equally challenging and require equal talents.

But throwing things onto a track is stupid but i think its FIA's fault totally. Its like paying to see a concert but having only the drummer play. I'd feel pretty cheated.

funnyperson1

Website
filebox.vt.edu
will1087 said:
Far more? Lets not kid ourselves, they are equally challenging and require equal talents.

But throwing things onto a track is stupid but i think its FIA's fault totally. Its like paying to see a concert but having only the drummer play. I'd feel pretty cheated.
There is no doubt that they are all physically and mentally challenging sports. But imho with all the rules football is a more complicated game.

jpod999

4G'n "fo life"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

F1 is going to the dogs. Why don't they just scrap the sport and all the people can move into either Nascar or World Speed Challenge? THOSE are some real Auto-Racing series.

legacyb4

Website
www.apexjapan.com
Why should the results not count? By denying the teams that did run their rightful points would only further the chaos; after all, they DID run the race with the right equipment and not cop out at the last minute despite the 100,000 plus fans at the venue.

neb said:
They should pull the plug on the whole event. It's now a farce, and the results should not contribute to the Championship. If they do, then I'll be over in my Citroen to win some money and points.

neb

Safety is the issue here. If Michelin cannot field a tire which can cope with the banked curve (which is unique to the American GP) then we should all agree that they did the right thing and advised their teams not to participate. It's no use jepodising spectator's safety for the sport's money-making abilities.

I believe that Michelin's efforts to change the course layout was enough concern for the FIA to act, and pursue an alternative layout/rasponse/whatever. The fact that they didn't (be it their fault or not) lead to what we saw yesterday, a farce. It could have been avoided, the warning signals, the threats, the promises, they were all there. This would have all come at the expense of Bridgestone, and the teams that did participate, which is not necessarily correct. Although, it could not be avoided.

It may add fuel to the fire that F1 will move to a single tire manufacturer in the future, to help alleviate some of the advantages enjoyed by some. Mosely has also promised a new emphasis on the drivers from the year 2008. A return to manual transmissions, no traction control or similar driving aids will see this sport return to what it once was; fun.

noobs

proud iPod owner
last sunday F1 race is a joke :(
ppl have right to be angry... they pay their money so see a good race

rooster

Oberon Drinker
first off i watch F1 and NASCAR and pretty much every kind of racing you can think of. i was at the nascar race at MIS this weekend so i didnt hear about this untill the drive home. i damn near shat myself when i heard that only six cars took the track. racing fan in america are a whole lot diffrent than racing fans everywhere else in the world. racing to us red-blooded americans is man vs. man machine vs. machine. thats kinda why F! isnt really popular around here. team orders and crap like that kinda kill it for american fans. we want action and speed not "safety" and team orders. its flippion stupid. FIA and Michelin you both made a huge mistake this weekend this will be a black eye on f1 for a long long long time.

and jackonicko do you want to know why nobody in the US likes soccer because its boring! were america we want entertainment for start to finish. its not that we dont get the skill and endurance and whatnot. we just dont see much action. now proper american football is action from start to finish. and what makes F! "proper" mortor racing? because they dont risk anything to pass? becuase they let other drivers overtake because their faster? please tell me what makes F! any more proper than NASCAR? and last but not least if i were there i would have throw bottles on the track too. the fans at the track had no idea what was going on. all they saw was 14 cars go park after the formation lap. dont blame us for being ####ed about not getting a real f1 race. its be like your "futball" hooligans rioting because half of manchester united missed the game because they were afraid of being hit in the head with the ball. im only being harsh jackonicko becuase you pretty much painted every american racing fan as a pile of crap. now that that is out of my system, iPod on.