iLounge Forums - View Single Post - Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 11:02 PM

funnyperson1
Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackonicko
Every nation has intelligent AND moronic sports fans, my own included.

The moronic tendency were (evidently) out in force for the US Grand Prix. Only a moron would throw anything onto the track. They are clearly the sort of people who feel short changed by the Grand Prix, and who would feel equally short changed by soccer, or anything that requires a tiny bit of intelligence, staying power and effort to appreciate. There are millions of Yanks who enjoy soccer, tennis, golf, and other intelligent sports, but others enjoy WWF, American Football and Indy racing......

I'm not a cricket fan at all, but I can see that slow but skillful may have more to offer than the merely fast moving, both to the player and to the intelligent spectator.
Classifying American Football as a non-intelligent sport shows your ignorance of the matter. There is far more strategy involved in American football than in soccer, tennis, or golf.

Although I will agree with you about the target audience of indy racing and nascar in the US.

Click the image to open in full size.
2006 Honda Accord with Griffin RoadTrip
1996 Ford Explorer with cassette adapter
Black Nano 2G 8GB
Biostar TForce550/A64 X2 @ 2.85Ghz/2GB Ram/Geforce 7900gs