SOLUTION TO: Missing Album Art on iPod photo

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Etrigan

My art has been on the straight and narrow since I deleted everything and switched over to jpgs.
I did find that some files were wonky and they were causing problems as well, but they've been fixed.

Re: ARGH! Album art

ejturtle said:
This JUST started happening to me, too. I used to have all of the files with album art working JUST FINE.

I uploaded another 15GB the other day, and not only is some of my art not coming up - but the WRONG art is showing up for albums that used to have the right art!

I changed the music genre of a whole ton of files - and then this happened.

None of the solutions are working for me.

This happen to others? Art showing up in the wrong place, or not at all?

Go through your library and make sure that the song has only one cover showing under the artwork tab: right click & select get info>artwork and delete any extras.

It's probably a corrupt song. Did you try doing a restore first. If it doesn't help then go through your library and find the song that's causing the problem or reimport them all and check them before you add the artwork to them. Make sure the window is open and the drag art here is showing.

ejturtle

Re: Re: ARGH! Album art

honeybee1236 said:
Go through your library and make sure that the song has only one cover showing under the artwork tab: right click & select get info>artwork and delete any extras.

It's probably a corrupt song. Did you try doing a restore first. If it doesn't help then go through your library and find the song that's causing the problem or reimport them all and check them before you add the artwork to them. Make sure the window is open and the drag art here is showing.

Hm... I have 9779 songs on the IPod now. About 4000 seem to have the wrong art now... how would I go about finding the problem that started it all?

This is going to be tedious, isn't it?

Delete all and start again... sounds like my best (worst) option.

UGH.

Welcome to the lounge ejturtle. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

You can delete all and start again instead of searching and not finding the corrupt song. It's bad when you have a lot of songs to go through. Just make sure when you import that you check each song before you add the album art. Open the artwork box in iTunes and make sure that outline & saying 'drag album artwork here' is showing on each song. If it's not delete it and reimport it. Each song must be highlighted first for this to appear.

Robbo

I've read this with interest. I'm getting the (-2003) error so I'll be going through my library checking for the items mentioned. Can't wait...

One question this all begs - if having more than one artwork per album is going to screw up your iPod, why does iTunes let you do it?! Why would you *want* more than one piece of album art per album?

Apple should just remove the ability to add multiple covers or at least set it as an option to prevent all of this hassle.

Having more than one artwork might not be the problem. Even though some of my songs had more then one it wasn't what was causing the problem. For me it was a corrupt song that needed to be deleted and then reimported. It did not import correctly the first time.

The corrupt song was the one when highlighted it did not display the 'drag artwork here' nor the outline in the art window in iTunes. Adding artwork to that song did not solve the problem it needed to be deleted from the iPod & iTunes. In other words, duplicate artwork on some songs may not be the cause of the problem.

But your right it would be nice if Apple had in place automatic adding of artwork with the importing of songs from CD's. This would be even better.

sporkubus

Suddenly no album artwork...

Hi there,

Today I was playing my new iPod photo in my car and album artwork etc. was working just fine. I picked it up and changed songs and now the album artwork doesn't show up at all anymore. It just shows the title of the song, the artist, and all that info, but no matter what I press there is no album artwork for any of the songs! I didn't connect my iPod to anything, and I didn't change any settings or whatever. What happened and how can I fix this?

podboy

Does it still have a white box with a black border where the art work is supposed to be? If so try to reboot it by holding down the central white button and menu button. This worked for me a while back when i had the problem.

sporkubus

podboy said:
Does it still have a white box with a black border where the art work is supposed to be? If so try to reboot it by holding down the central white button and menu button. This worked for me a while back when i had the problem.
Nope, black box is gone too. And I have tried rebooting it...

ejturtle

Robbo said:
if having more than one artwork per album is going to screw up your iPod, why does iTunes let you do it?! Why would you *want* more than one piece of album art per album?

Apple should just remove the ability to add multiple covers or at least set it as an option to prevent all of this hassle.
YEAH! I haven't tackled the task of deleting and starting again. I'll let folks know if it works.

Robbo

I spent a long while last night:

- Checking for multiple album artwork (found quite a few)
- Checking for 'drag artwork here' not showing for songs without artwork (found 4)

Re-synced and *still* got the (-2003) error.

Did a full restore and everything seems to be working fine now.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but a quick (ish) way of checking both of the things I list above is to get your whole library in view and arrow down one by one looking at the artwork box. If there are multiple artworks, there will be a little arrow in the top right of the artwork box. You can also check if the 'drag artwork here' is present at the same time. It still takes a while but at least both checks can be performed at the same time.

From my experience, even if you fix all of these problems, you may need to still do a restore as something gets corrupted at some point which doesn't seem to be able to be fixed otherwise.

I believe I should add YMMV at this point.

Vendetta NY

No Problem...

Hey, same EXACT thing happened to me last night, right down to being in the car (at the McD drive-thru, honestly). No placeholder for the artwork came up, podboy.

Didn't give it 2 thoughts, just went home and docked it, opened preferences, unchecked show artwork on iPod, saved and closed. Then reopened prefs, rechecked show artwork, saved and closed. A little updating went on between iTunes and the iPod and now everything's fine.

I took the opportunity to update my iPod firmware to 1.1 while I was tinkering. Smooth as glass.

Ciao fellas,
-VNY

sporkubus

Re: No Problem...

Vendetta NY said:
Then reopened prefs, rechecked show artwork, saved and closed. A little updating went on between iTunes and the iPod and now everything's fine.
I get an error when I try to do this: The ipod cannot be updated. An unknown error occured.

And album artwork STILL doesn't work. :(

Vendetta NY

Re: Re: No Problem...

sporkubus said:
I get an error when I try to do this: The ipod cannot be updated. An unknown error occured.

And album artwork STILL doesn't work. :(
Hmm... don't know, my friend. I'm shooting in the dark here, but 1.) try updating firmware, it couldn't hurt whether or not it solves the problem, and 2.) try putting a new song on the iPod with artwork and see if it shows up - if yes, then perhaps refresh your iPod's contents.

Good luck, let us know how.

-VNY

gmax2k5

sporkubus, i have the same exact problem started today. i got that error if i do that. i have itunes 4.8, firmware 1.1 and everything. but dont know what the problem is, the artwork is on itunes, but only there for some songs on the ipod.

ta3jin

Website
www.likuid3lementz.deviantart.com
ive had this problem as well.
What i've noticed though is that if you reconnect your ipod to your computer again, your album art will show up the next time you play your songs.
Though, i dont know how reliable my info will be to you.
But still, try reconnecting it and updating it.

gmax2k5

I tried updating, and ejecting. It just shows the album art for one song from the entire album, usually the first song. It doesn't show anything for the rest of the album. I hope someone can find a way to solve this problem. this problem is ####ing me off. It happened all of a sudden though, like I was charging my ipod yesterday. today, i removed it from the charger, and I noticed that some of the songs didn't have album art, and then found out that almost all the songs did not have album art. dont know what the problem is.

asuman1179

I am having the same problem. Have 4.8 and 1.1 on the Ipod. I have all the album art on the computer but for some reason only a few show up on the Ipod. Let me know if anyone comes up with an answer.

catbc

So are people finding that this is always happening when you add new songs to your iPod? I discovered all my album art had gone yesterday. I went through and found 1 song that had duplicate artwork. All my songs do have artwork so the Drag Art Here box isn't visible for any unless I delete all the artwork and start again. I unchecked the show abum art box, then rechecked it. It took a while to reoptimise the artwork over the the Pod, and once it had some of the artwork is showing up, some isn't. It seems utterly random. Sometimes it won't show up in its smallest size (next to the song info), but will show up if I press select in a larger format. But again, that is random too.

My next step will be to delete all the album artwork and look for the Drag message. See where we go from there.

I don't want to have to go through this process each damn time I transfer more songs across to the Pod.

Oh, to add, I originally set up the Pod the transfer manually, but I changed at one point to autosynch. Then I decided I didn't like it and changed back to manual. I guess it seems that could have been a problem too.

I may just delete the lot and start again.

I have a whole day, so why the heck not.

Rod Smith

On my Mac I get "album art not modifiable" on some albums in the box that usually says "drag art here". Are these corrupt files? Is it the same as blank box?