Shuffle as full size ipod companion

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

frisk291

For those of you who bought a shuffle to accompany your full size iPod, why did you decide to do that? I ask because I was considering buying a shuffle but I already have a 4th gen 20 gig. Just wondering if its worth it to buy the shuffle too...

wordcrasher

Hail to the Thief
Me too.....

Frisk,
I think you're in my same situation. I already own a 4g 40Gb, and it satisfies all my needs, but I'm desperately looking for a reason to buy one of those wonderful little shuffles !!! :D

frisk291

lol That pretty much sums it up. I love my 20gb but I also really like the shuffle and I think I'd probably use it a lot in the gym. I'm just having trouble convincing myself that I need to drop $100 on another mp3 player. :)

I bought mine so I could...

1. Use it at the gym and not have to worry about a $300 peice of electronics in my pocket.

2. Use it as a thumb thumb drive.

3. For my wife to use. She llikes having an iPod occasionally, but doesn't use it enough to justify buying a full blown one.

I still use my regular iPod most of the time, but I don't regret buying the shuffle at all. It's great for what it is.

limesally

frisk291 said:
For those of you who bought a shuffle to accompany your full size iPod, why did you decide to do that?
Because I dropped my 40GB on the treadmill a couple of times. I was lucky (I think) and didn't damage it, but after that I spent most of my run freaking out about whether I'd drop it again or somehow damage it. Kinda took the fun out of it.

I LOVE my shuffle and use it several times a week for running or cycling. The small size and near-weightlessness is perfect - I don't have to think about it at all.
But I also use my full size almost daily. It's the one that holds the entire family's library - so we use it in the car, and plugged into speakers at home. I also teach yoga, so I use it to carry playlists for yoga music around.

The shuffle complements the full size version very well, IMO.

Last edited:

TopHat

1) I got mine for $0.

2) B-day present for little sister...I have a free 4G 20GB one and of course she wants one too, but she has a small collection and can wear it while playing sports, etc.

3) Nice addition to solidify the growing Apple-ness of my room. Apple should give me a discount for becoming a conversion :p

iBang

Website
www.justbball.com
1. much lighter to carry around, especially when going to the gym.

2. great to take to the beach and not worry about breaking/losing my $300 4G iPod.

Dopial

Needed a thumb drive, so used it as an excuse to buy a shuffle.
Now use the shuffle about 1000% more than my 3G 20GB regular iPod.

lazykitty

I found that exercising with my 60GB Photo was just too awkward. I got the 512MB to use for that reason. It's so small and light, I don't even know it's on me. Good luck on you decision!

frisk291

Most of you guys mentioned using the shuffle at the gym, and thats mostly what I was planning to use it for. It would be great because I can load one good workout playlist on it and go. It's highly unlikely that I'll suddenly want to listen to classical music when I'm working out. Also, I do need a thumb drive for school next year. Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep you posted on my decision. :)

jollyork

Hi, I just added a Shuffle to my collection yesterday and I love it. I bought it to go running with and because my 3G's battery is worthless. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Shuffle's built-in iTunes playlist has handy options for pulling songs from your other playlists (like my Running playlist) *and* it can automatically dump all the songs and pull new songs with each sync - guaranteed variety!